Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well so far things aren't looking too great at the Capitol One Bowl. But as badly as they've played they're only down 10 at the half. Neither QB looks like they will be able to get any kind of passing attack going. I've been a little surprised how little Arkansas has tried running the ball. I know I've been a big proponent of needing s passing game to compliment the running game. But it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. Maybe they need to also try the Wildcat formation. It seems like Casey Dick isn't even pitching the ball back to the RB very well. Maybe we need to take both QBs out of the game.

Arkansas' offense is just sad right now. They get the ball at Wisconsin's 35 yard line after a punt, and in three plays they move backwards and are forced to punt. And Mustain and Dick both look like they're half-asleep out there. :dontknow:

And here's a question, does Arkansas even have a field goal kicker? On the last drive, Arkansas had it inside the Wisconsin 29 yard line, and instead of kicking a 46 yard field goal, they went for it on 4th and 5 and threw a pick. The drive before, Arkansas had it on the Wisconsin 32, and on 4th down punted without hesitiation instead of kicking a 48 yard field goal. Is the Arky kicker just really short legged? Because it seems like if Arkansas isn't inside the 20, they don't even consider a field goal.

And here's a question, does Arkansas even have a field goal kicker? On the last drive, Arkansas had it inside the Wisconsin 29 yard line, and instead of kicking a 46 yard field goal, they went for it on 4th and 5 and threw a pick. The drive before, Arkansas had it on the Wisconsin 32, and on 4th down punted without hesitiation instead of kicking a 48 yard field goal. Is the Arky kicker just really short legged? Because it seems like if Arkansas isn't inside the 20, they don't even consider a field goal.

The question is not if Arkansas has a kicker but do they have a coach. 0-3 in the last three games. If Arkansas is just average next year they should have a good record because of the schedule but they will still loose the big ones. Nutt gets beat by a rookie coach for the Badgers.

Hey, Aporkalypse...this is NOT flame-bait because I'd sure have been glad to see Arkansas (the better team this year than the one that's my favorite, below) go undefeated in these last three games but...

Did you see my team Texas Tech (with a LOT of NWA car stickers/supporters, and with a few previous mentions on this thread, and with Pulaski Academy QB Stefan Loucks committed) in their NCAA-record-31-point-comeback-win against Minnesota on Friday?

Mike Leach still has a lot of Tech fans wondering whether he can take them to a BCS bowl championship or beyond (although he's the winningest bowl coach they've yet had, I believe) but he's always said that you stick with your quarterback. Tech QB Graham Harrell had a few rough moments and was benched for a few series this season, but he's been the starter from Day 1.

I wish HDN could have stuck with one this year...I don't think that helped Arkansas (and I don't think Tech could have beaten "The U" of Minnesota 44-41 after being down 38-14 at the start of the 4th quarter if they'd had the musical QB game Arkansas had this year :( ).

I wouldn't take it as a flame at all. Iv'e been impressed with what Texas Tech has been able to do despite being largely a 3rd option after Texas and aTm a lot of times. Leach is an excellent coach. I think it's hard to win titles with that kind of offense but, like UK did a few years ago, it makes it easier for schools to have consistent winning seasons. I'm suprised schools like Ole Miss and MSU haven't tried to do something similar.

Loucks is smart for going to a school with an offense like that. I also wouldn't be surprised if Damien Williams ended up down there.

Yeah I'm hoping that Saban will have a harder time turning things around at Bama. We all know they're pretty impatient too. If he doesn't turn things around quickly you'll start hearing talk of what a waste and how they need someone else. I'm not saying they'll get rid of him if he doesn't turn things around quickly. But it just seems Alabama fans expect 'Bear Bryant' numbers all the time.

I agree, the situation at Bama will be much tougher than at LSU. In addition to competing with Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia seem to do well recruiting in Alabama. Plus, part of Saban's success at LSU was because of his excellent assistants, especially OC Jimbo Fisher. I still think he'll do well enough to right the ship there, I just bet he doesn't win national titles like they expect. Considering he's supposed to be getting $35-40 million for 8 years, he better work miracles.

I saw Nutt on TV today saying what a great season it was and everybody needs to remember that Arkansas went to Atlanta and LSU didn't. Sometime I don't think HDN even thinks before he talks. Arkansas went to Atlanta and lost and then lost again on New Year. LSU not only won on New Year but won big. Nutt is already finding excuses for next year. He was talking about asst. coaches being hired away and players going to the NFL. So far Arkansas has yet to get a commitment from a QB for next year.

I wouldn't worry about "tricky Nick" too much just yet. It's going to be awhile before they get to "elite" status. He's got his work cut-out for him for sure. LSU also has been able to get a few players from Alabama too. Of course Nick Saban recruited QB-J Russell from Mobile AL.

I have a good friend that lives in Grant Co.Arkansas...him and his buddies just can't stand Houston Nutt. What's yalls opinion on HDN's new contract extension thru 2012??? I sure wanted Arkansas to beat Wisconsin!

I can't believe Damian Williams is transfering to USC! USC also has a commitment from stud RB-Broderick Green from Little Rock for this year's recruiting class. Stinkin' USC is also trying to steal 2 of Louisiana's Top HS prospects!

I wouldn't worry about "tricky Nick" too much just yet. It's going to be awhile before they get to "elite" status. He's got his work cut-out for him for sure. LSU also has been able to get a few players from Alabama too. Of course Nick Saban recruited QB-J Russell from Mobile AL.

I have a good friend that lives in Grant Co.Arkansas...him and his buddies just can't stand Houston Nutt. What's yalls opinion on HDN's new contract extension thru 2012??? I sure wanted Arkansas to beat Wisconsin!

I can't believe Damian Williams is transfering to USC! USC also has a commitment from stud RB-Broderick Green from Little Rock for this year's recruiting class. Stinkin' USC is also trying to steal 2 of Louisiana's Top HS prospects!

One of the top LBs in Texas, Jermaine Love of North Garland, committed to Arkansas in the Offense-Defense All-America game in Ft Lauderdale last night. Kodi Burns of Ft Smith, who is headed to Auburn, looked great in that game.

The Hogs just beat up on #8 Alabama at Bud Walton, winning by 30. Maybe this season won't be so bad after all.

Archived