Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

When your QB throws for less yards than your RB...something is wrong.

Arkansas should have won that game. If we had a *decent* passing attack, we would have won. "If"...I know.

Dick was 3 for 17 (or 19?)....with 29 yards. When Mustain threw one interception in the SC game, Nutt pulled him out. Dick kept messing up over and over, but he still got to play.

There has been talk on the Arkansas boards for weeks about the schism between Nutt and Malzahn. Supposedly, Mitch/Malzahn and Nutt/Dick are two separate, competing camps.

The #1 QB recruit in 2006 didn't get to play today.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see if I can catch up on all the sport news. I hated to be right but I was worried that LSU would be the team to really give us a problem. I think the game also showed we just don't have a good enough passing game to have gotten through the SEC undefeated. I would also have to question why Mustain wasn't given a chance sometime in the second half as horrible as Casey Dick was. Houston Nutt pulled Mustain for less. But I wouldn't go as far as some of the fans calling for Houston Nutt's head. I mean I do like our chances against Florida. While I'm not saying we'll win it I think it will be an easier game to win than LSU. Do that and we still go to the Sugar Bowl. I think all the talk of a possible National Championship was a bit out of hand. The chances were extremely low that everything would fall into place. I'm not sure how much of a rivalry LSU is since lately we can't seem to win against them. I can't remember winning any of the games down there offhand. And they seem to be able to win in Little Rock here lately.

On the high school championship, it seems that the old ways have come out again. This isn't the first time a team from NWA goes undefeated and then ends up losing the title game. Although usually it was a team like LR Central that knocks them out. I don't know if it's the fact they're playing down in Little Rock away from home or what it is. It's too bad they can't occasionally play them up here at Razorback Stadium.

Maybe we would have had some better breaks than last year but we'd probably be happy to have enough wins to play in a bowl... any bowl. I agree about the hype. Has any Arkansas player been in serious contention for the Heisman? He won't win it this year but has to be one of the favorites for next year. Hopefully we'll be celebrating our first SEC Championship later tonight.

Maybe we would have had some better breaks than last year but we'd probably be happy to have enough wins to play in a bowl... any bowl. I agree about the hype. Has any Arkansas player been in serious contention for the Heisman? He won't win it this year but has to be one of the favorites for next year. Hopefully we'll be celebrating our first SEC Championship later tonight.

I was disappointed the game's outcome, but not completely surprised.

I was watching with a guy from florida, and the game turned out to be closer than I expected after we were down 17-0.

I was pretty angry when the punt returner all of a sudden turned around to dive for the punt. How can you forget something like that if you've been playing football all your life. Granted, it was a big game and he was probably super nervous...and maybe he just temporarily thought he was a kickoff return instead.......but still. That killed our momentum.

Florida's going to the national championship, and honestly, I think they'll get buried by Ohio State. We were doing fairly good without our main man, Darren McFadden....and his main blocker, Hillis. How does a Florida team with all their injuries, who had trouble with an Arkansas team without a decent QB and their main star, do well against a team like Ohio State?

It was all about Florida's strength of schedule. Clearly, it was more challenging than Michigan's.

Congratulations to the Hogs. Arkansas has now recieved a bid for the Capital One bowl against Wisconsin. The Capital One bowl has first pick among SEC teams not in a BCS bowl. What are your thoughts about this?

To be honest I'm a little surprised about Arkansas going to the Capitol One Bowl. I figured we'd drop down to the Cotton Bowl. I imagine some fans might have preferred to go to Dallas, but it's nice to see us getting some respect and being the first SEC team picked outside the BCS. I'm curious to see how Florida will do against Ohio State. I get the impression not many people are giving them much of a chance. But I don't know, I'm not so sure the Big Ten was really tested. Not saying Ohio State isn't a good team but I'm not going to expect Florida to get blown out as soon as they step on the field. I think they could give Ohio State more problems than what people think.

I was disappointed the game's outcome, but not completely surprised.

I was watching with a guy from florida, and the game turned out to be closer than I expected after we were down 17-0.

I was pretty angry when the punt returner all of a sudden turned around to dive for the punt. How can you forget something like that if you've been playing football all your life. Granted, it was a big game and he was probably super nervous...and maybe he just temporarily thought he was a kickoff return instead.......but still. That killed our momentum.

Florida's going to the national championship, and honestly, I think they'll get buried by Ohio State. We were doing fairly good without our main man, Darren McFadden....and his main blocker, Hillis. How does a Florida team with all their injuries, who had trouble with an Arkansas team without a decent QB and their main star, do well against a team like Ohio State?

Archived