Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

A bit late now but the basketball Hogs finally won on the road. What's sad is we were the first SEC West team to win a conference game on the road. For a while there I thought we were going to blow it too. After having a rather comfortable lead most of the game and we've blown other leads late in the game.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit late now but the basketball Hogs finally won on the road. What's sad is we were the first SEC West team to win a conference game on the road. For a while there I thought we were going to blow it too. After having a rather comfortable lead most of the game and we've blown other leads late in the game.

After watching the basketball game Sat. I was not pissed off after Arkansas lost. I think I have gotten to the point that it really doesn't matter anymore. I have no faith in SH. I don't have anything against him has a person but I don't think much of him as a coach. Depending on if Arkansas can beat Auburn the Hogs might not win more than two more games during the regular season.

We've played some good games in the SEC, I think we'll win more than two for the rest of the year. But I admit I'm beginning to lean more towards you. I've just had a lot harder time getting into basketball since Nolan left. Sure I wish he'd keep his mouth shut at times but I really enjoyed his style of basketball. Heath is a classy guy but I'm still waiting to see if he'll ever be able to turn things around and make Arkansas more of a basketball power like it was under Nolan.

We've played some good games in the SEC, I think we'll win more than two for the rest of the year. But I admit I'm beginning to lean more towards you. I've just had a lot harder time getting into basketball since Nolan left. Sure I wish he'd keep his mouth shut at times but I really enjoyed his style of basketball. Heath is a classy guy but I'm still waiting to see if he'll ever be able to turn things around and make Arkansas more of a basketball power like it was under Nolan.

Ugh, more drama with the football program. I don't know if Wally Hall started this or if it's more the fact of Broyles and in this case Nutt still trying to make comments. I can't help but think that things wouldn't be quite so bad if Broyles and Nutt would just keep quiet about all these issues. It just seems that they keep making comments and keeps all this turmoil going. But anyway Nutt responded back to Wally Hall's article disputing what Hall said. But now it sounds like some Malzahn friends are disputing some of what Nutt said about Malzahn being totally being in control of the offense. Malzahn hasn't made any comments yet. If Malzahn does make some comments, in particular negative comments, I think this is going to blow this whole thing even bigger. So far Malzahn has not said a single negative thing about the whole situation. But if there really is some truth behind all of this. I think Broyles and Nutt's continuing comments are only going to eventually draw out a response from him. Trying to look at this from a nonbiased stance on if there was any 'wrongdoing'. I can understand Nutt and Broyles wanting to defend themselves. But I still think going out and making comments is only going to make things worse. Maybe it's the media that's drawing them out with constant comments but maybe a few 'no comments' might be a better move.

Ugh, more drama with the football program. I don't know if Wally Hall started this or if it's more the fact of Broyles and in this case Nutt still trying to make comments. I can't help but think that things wouldn't be quite so bad if Broyles and Nutt would just keep quiet about all these issues. It just seems that they keep making comments and keeps all this turmoil going. But anyway Nutt responded back to Wally Hall's article disputing what Hall said. But now it sounds like some Malzahn friends are disputing some of what Nutt said about Malzahn being totally being in control of the offense. Malzahn hasn't made any comments yet. If Malzahn does make some comments, in particular negative comments, I think this is going to blow this whole thing even bigger. So far Malzahn has not said a single negative thing about the whole situation. But if there really is some truth behind all of this. I think Broyles and Nutt's continuing comments are only going to eventually draw out a response from him. Trying to look at this from a nonbiased stance on if there was any 'wrongdoing'. I can understand Nutt and Broyles wanting to defend themselves. But I still think going out and making comments is only going to make things worse. Maybe it's the media that's drawing them out with constant comments but maybe a few 'no comments' might be a better move.

So what does this mean for the Aeros? Are they taking the best players of both teams and making one team. Aren't the Aeros one of the top teams in the league? I have not really been following them too close. I just happen to see scores and records in the newspaper sometimes.

It's not that, it's the competition to the South. I bet we have a new basketball coach at UA next year and I bet the excitement about that would dampen attendance for a minor league team with an overlapping season.

That said, football attendance might be way down next season. People are unhappy.

Archived