Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tradition Towers were supposed to go on sale last Friday. Heard that the least expensive units, one bedrooom, under 1000 sq feet are $895K and there are only 2 of them. Thats $900 per foot! Anyone else hear anything?

I'm pretty sure the full page add in the Sentinel the other day said prices starting in the 500's. So only ~ $500 a square foot. :P

I did find out one thing-- well, kind of-- that one realtor I mentioned... he represents a company that wants 75 units. if that deal goes thru- just with him, mind you, I was told it will be enough to get them to break ground. It wasn't the Condo Store, though as I mentioned. THat's all I know, so I'll make that call to see what's up and see whether I can get any info on it.

:whistling:

ummm...when's the last time you went shopping for a house by the lake in Windermere. Here's an idea from Zillow how much you better have in your wallet. Well ok...to be fair you could get "by" the lake just not on it.....Those sun 500K houses are pretty old though...

zillow3oo.png

half a million will still get u a big house in a lot of area...

and this is downtown Orlando, not miami beach, half a million for a condo? I wont buy it even if I can afford it.

Well every area needs their Isleworth. So I'd consider The Tradition to be the Isleworth of condos (or at least that's what they're shooting for). And...there's always a lot of money out there, they just wont sell out in 72 hours like the Metropolitan did.

in any case, these better be some kick-a$$ condos.

Here's a rendering. It includes a new side elevation with the newer glass corners. I don't think I have seen this before.

onboardstradition6xp.jpg

Why is it that in this rendering, they show a row of large shrubs across the street when that isn't possible. I can understand that they don't want to show the other buildings around it, but to act like there is a park across the street can be deceiving to possible buyers from out of town. It doesn't really affect me, but just seems weird.

Here's a rendering. It includes a new side elevation with the newer glass corners. I don't think I have seen this before.

onboardstradition6xp.jpg

I really like this rendering. It looks like this project is moving forward. It's pretty exciting!

I keep looking at the Solaire and how tall it looks and thinking how the Vue and TT will both be almost 100 feet taller. I can't wait till they start making their mark on the skyline.

Amen brother! I cant believe the visual impact the Premiere Trade Plaza is making as well. I am all about street level density as well, but these 300 ft. plus buildings are definitely going to make an impact on the skyline. I am not so much bothered by the seemingly unregistered 441 ft. height limit anymore. Because anything over 300 feet is quite impressive and i cannot wait till we have density all over downtown like we have in the Orange Avenue area from Washington Street to South Street. :thumbsup:

I'm with ya. The height just doesn't matter anymore. If the entire block is flurishing with businesses, entertainment, and space to walk, then 300 or 400 ft towers are fine by me...

NYC's west and east villages have no supertalls and yet, they're some of the most vibrant places in the city and in the country

I'm with ya. The height just doesn't matter anymore. If the entire block is flurishing with businesses, entertainment, and space to walk, then 300 or 400 ft towers are fine by me...

NYC's west and east villages have no supertalls and yet, they're some of the most vibrant places in the city and in the country

I'm with you all the way on this. I used to want the supertall buildings in downtown, but in all honesty I don't think that's Orlando's style, which is fine by me. I had a hard time accepting Orlando on its own merits. And it's doing just fine. I'm cool with 300 or 400 foot buildings. It just makes it all the more European in my mind, which is good since we have so many visitors from Europe, it should help make them feel right at home.

I think my main complaint anymore is how photos of downtown are shot - the angles are usually really bad and very unflattering, IMO. (Like on wikipedia or emporis) But we have people here on this forum that do a spectacular job, because they know the city and they know the best angles to shoot from.

I'm with you all the way on this. I used to want the supertall buildings in downtown, but in all honesty I don't think that's Orlando's style, which is fine by me. I had a hard time accepting Orlando on its own merits. And it's doing just fine. I'm cool with 300 or 400 foot buildings. It just makes it all the more European in my mind, which is good since we have so many visitors from Europe, it should help make them feel right at home.

I think my main complaint anymore is how photos of downtown are shot - the angles are usually really bad and very unflattering, IMO. (Like on wikipedia or emporis) But we have people here on this forum that do a spectacular job, because they know the city and they know the best angles to shoot from.

exactly.

While walking by the Embassy Suites today I saw some work being done on the interior space that once housed a restaraunt (concha me crazy...maybe). I asked one of the guys what was going on and it was the Tradition Tower sales center. He said it's basically done, just waiting on inspections. Should open within a couple of days. I could see decorrating samples on the walls inside as well as sales staff meeting.

I'm really starting to feel encouraged that this might actually happen!

While walking by the Embassy Suites today I saw some work being done on the interior space that once housed a restaraunt (concha me crazy...maybe). I asked one of the guys what was going on and it was the Tradition Tower sales center. He said it's basically done, just waiting on inspections. Should open within a couple of days. I could see decorrating samples on the walls inside as well as sales staff meeting.

I'm really starting to feel encouraged that this might actually happen!

Has anyone heard anything laterly about tt.I hope this starts soon.It will look awesome in that area especially with paramount and dynetech getting started.Anyone heard anything new about them[dynetech and paramount]?

Archived