Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The towers look to have gotten thicker with the glass corners. I thought there was a cut in the number of units. The slight changes seem to have had a big impact on the classical look of the tower. To me it looks more contemporary now.

I agree. Not that I don't like contemporary glass towers, heck i live in one. It's just that i was looking forward to a less contemporary looking building within my view to give some nice balance. The Vue is already going to overpower my view, I think that's going to be enough glass for me. I just hope it sticks with its namesake, I mean it is called the Tradition, not Transitional. :)

they changed it for the worst. I guess it was looking too classy before. now they want to make sure it looks like a piece of crap. those glass edge really make it look like crap. i'm very upset about this. it takes the substance away from the overall design of the bldg. shame on those idiots for doing that. sorry for the 'tude.

I'd have to agree with most everyone on here...we went from a gem to nothing special. This is still a good project from a development standpoint, but in this new design, the building has entirely lost the charm and class that would have identified it like nothing else in the skyline. We can only hope that the developers of this building are surfing UrbanPlanet in their free time ;)

I am always very weary when someone tries to build a "19th Century European building" in the 21st Century. It turns out cheap. Giving this building a bit of a modern look is going to keep it from looking downright tacky. Seriously though, look at these renderings, not much has changed. I think it has a lot fo do with the color used in the rendering itself that makes the buildings look so different.

I agree that it could grow on me, but the changes are much more dramatic than the rendering color.

traditiontowers8eq.jpg

Look at the orientation of the balconies on the towers. They were oriented in the middle of each tower and now have been moved to the outsides. They also seem to carry seamlessly now into the crown protion of the towers reducing the distinction of this segment of the building.

Also, more width was added to each floor thus reducing the apparent width of the skybridge. This is the glass section framing the opening between the towers.

It appears to me now as a glass building with stone accents not unlike Suntrust. You could be right though that a nudge towards a more contemporary look might not hurt the final product.. Maybe they could rename the towers "Not Overly Traditional Towers"

I agree with Tim. The problem here is that I hat the Suntrust bldg. And they are trying to make this thing complement it-- hey, compliment the courthouse instead, not some cheesy eighties' tacky bldg (sorry SOM, but you should have built a mini JHC or Sears instead).

I love the bank lobby, but I dislike the aqua colored steal beams and pyramids.

^The glass corners will certainly appeal to the residents who will be LIVING there, and offer great views and added value. The floor-to-ceiling windows will be able to complete with those in the Waverly or View (something projects such as Sanctuary et al) can't offer their residents.

Archived