Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they did move the balconies and by doing so, it took the early 1900's appeal away and made it look more like Suntrust-- more flatness and less depth in the facade.

I hear what you are all saying and I kind-of agree with you. I wanted a drastic departure bldg for downtown-- not something catered to complimenting a bldg. which shouldn't be the standard for Orlando design in the first place (Suntrust).

BOA and the Courthouse are way nicer. Again, the tacky agua beams and pyramids leave a bad taste. And they were made in poor taste.

55W will be a good transition bldg for Suntrust to the rest of the Church St. area the same way World Fin. Ctr. was meant to be a transition from WTC to the rest of Battery Park's other bldgs.

And re TT, I don't want those new wrinkles. If floor to ceiling glass benefits residents, then, fine. If the absence of that glass doesn't cater to a resident's liking, then they can move to another bldg.

TT was supposed to be Orlando's jewel on Lake Eola w/ its classical design. Ridgely was supposed to do the same or similar on the other side of Robinson. It looks like Ridgely is gone now, and the TT boys decided to alter TT's design enough to where it now looks like an AVERAGE bldg., not an exceptional one (regardless of the skybridge and exceptional pedestal.

I guess everyone has different tastes on this subject. I was just hoping Orlando would finally break out of that tacky design mold for good. They did it with CNL, CNL2, City Hall, Grand Boh, Lincoln Center(kind of), BOA, and Cthse.

I don't know, I need a coffee...

Have we really come a long way or what? Two years ago we would be happy just to have a shot at 1 or 2 of these buildings. Now, they add a little glass and everyone is up in arms. Their all going to look great once their built.

good point.

I just think everyone (including myself) is a bit dissapointed in the updates. It just seems as though the vision of the building has changed. I know from an architectural view this is fluff, but even the antiqued color styling used in the original that suggested a more classical style is gone. That tells me the vision is changing, hence these updates (which i agree can be argued as pretty minor) but they are changing peoples conceptual view of the building.

But even before this latest update, there was always a question, for me at least, is if the classical styling in the renderings was going to be able to be succesfully captured in the actual construction and facade. If not, then i guess it really doesn't matter how many windows they add or balconies they move.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see much difference in either of the designs. What's everyone getting so worked up about? At least they're BUILDING the darn thing...aren't they???

I agree. I think the design is classy either way. It will also look nicer at night, with the glass. But I'll be happy with what we get. It has smoked me for the longest time that Orlando, being as large as it is, has a downtown smaller than Tulsa's, which is by far the smaller city. There is MUCH more to do in downtown Orlando, but the building density just isn't happening quite yet. I can't wait 'til 2007 or 2008!

Dynatech has disappointed me, though. It has forsaken a unique image for a bland, normal- building look. Maybe they just wanted to "fit in". It could have been the defining skyscraper in downtown Orlando.

Dynatech has disappointed me, though. It has forsaken a unique image for a bland, normal- building look. Maybe they just wanted to "fit in". It could have been the defining skyscraper in downtown Orlando.

I think Tradition Towers will be the "defining" skyscraper, now....

Probably.

Its funny, though. I guess it has a lot to do with your perspective.

Coming down Robinson, Vue will be the defining scraper.

Coming down I-4 West, Ivanhoe twins will be it.

Coming down I-4 East, Suntrust and 55W.

And from I-4 in either direction, Presidential Tower will be it b/c of its prox. to I-4.

TT will be visible only a little from Robinson heading west. And from Central and Pine heading west until Rosalind.

Either way, lots of really cool views in the future.

We should join all this defining skyscrapers with line and then build a 700 ft skyscraper at the point where the line intercest each other to be a truly skyline definied skyscraper. I guess this will prolly be around the AmSouth Tower area.

With a shopping mall for sunshine. :P

It's neat to think that there will be 2 sets of twin towers built downtown - Tradition Towers and Ivanhoe.

I just want them to build them all before I wake up and realize it was all a dream!! :(

And in all honesty they need to bring in a strong leader and build a 700 foot tower downtown. Someone that isn't afaid to push back a little. This height restriction is nothing short of insane. But pardon me, I'm dreaming again.....at least the density will be a non-issue. I'd rather have density than height any day. A very tall tower in a sparse downtown isn't great to look at, either.

Any skyscraper over 208 meters tall and orlando would have the second tallest skyline in florida. At the present the height limit of around 450 ft is like vancouver,british columbia height limit of about 460ft. Any thoughts to citys with the most twin towers?.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at a lot of high-rise floorplans in my recent apartment hunting expedition and I gotta say that Tradition Towers' are by far the most "unique." The architects sure found a way to take an ordinary rectangular tower footprint and throw in funky, unconventional interior walls to create these dynamic floor plans.

updatesideGraphic.jpg

Archived