Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

No,

I understand timelines are NEVER adhered to in projects this big. However, the market for condos in Orlando has peaked. 55W is being built at only 71% sold.

The smaller and cheaper condo buildings have done well. However the larger towers have struggled at times to sell units which are cramped for hundreds of thousands.

I think both TT and Orlando City Place will get done, but not as planned.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No,

I understand timelines are NEVER adhered to in projects this big. However, the market for condos in Orlando has peaked. 55W is being built at only 71% sold.

The smaller and cheaper condo buildings have done well. However the larger towers have struggled at times to sell units which are cramped for hundreds of thousands.

I think both TT and Orlando City Place will get done, but not as planned.

Truthfully, I think its a miracle 55W broke ground at all. However, it is not representative of all projects downtown, if any others in fact.

I have to agree with Dale on this one. Word on the street means nothing, the "little birdies" mean nothing, and groundbreaking dates mean nothing.

Ironicaly, the projects that most on these boards see as a "guarantee to be built" are the ones that have come the closest to falling through at the last minute. The truth is, nobody from the sales agent to the GC knows whether these projects get built until the last minute.

TT is doing just fine. Orlando is doing just fine and so is demand.

I don't think TT is doing fine in sales. Cheapest apt, under 900 sq ft 1 bedroom is selling for almost $600 a sq ft, and there are only 2 of them. The sales they have are to University Club members and company insiders who got in at below market prices. I wish them well and hope it gets built.

I don't think TT is doing fine in sales. Cheapest apt, under 900 sq ft 1 bedroom is selling for almost $600 a sq ft, and there are only 2 of them. The sales they have are to University Club members and company insiders who got in at below market prices. I wish them well and hope it gets built.

We knew that University Club members would get first dibs. And it is not surprising that company insiders would get sweet deals.

We knew that University Club members would get first dibs. And it is not surprising that company insiders would get sweet deals.

Nor would I expect that units in a more exclusive development like TT to go as fast as in less exclusive developments. I don't suspect the developers have such expectations either.

I still have this theory that the kind of skepticism we're seeing has as much to do with the good-old American apocalyptic impulse as it does any studied consideration of market realities.

We just expect the sky to fall at some point.

Okay, that's enough psycho-theologizing for the night. ;)

All of this talk on these boards about money is rediculous. The deal is, there are plenty of affluent members of this city and others who have no problem plopping out 750K for their nice little downtown getaway. I think the problem with all of the skepticism starts when a member who can't afford it, talks to a couple of his broke friends and starts to believe that everyone is broke, and then perpetuates this story about firsthand knowledge, that actually never existed.

There is plenty of money in this city to build TT. It will happen.

I agree about the money issue

there's alot of money in this metro, despite what our low median income suggests.

Case in point, in the neighborhood key viscaya, there are multimillion dollar homes crammed into tiny lots surrounding big sand lake. Relatively small, and almost on top of their neighbor, yet people still bought them out. And alot of them are foreigners which use it as a 2nd home. That's just 1 example and I'm sure there's countless others.

Of course folks like us scoff at $750k for what seems like nothing.

But drive through a bay hill, alaqua or anywhere in windemere and you'll realize there's ALOT of people with money in the metro.

You gotta wonder what the hell all these people do for a living, but they are definately capable of buying into a Vue or TT.

All of this talk on these boards about money is rediculous. The deal is, there are plenty of affluent members of this city and others who have no problem plopping out 750K for their nice little downtown getaway. I think the problem with all of the skepticism starts when a member who can't afford it, talks to a couple of his broke friends and starts to believe that everyone is broke, and then perpetuates this story about firsthand knowledge, that actually never existed.

There is plenty of money in this city to build TT. It will happen.

I own 2/2 units in TPC, 55W and The Solaire, I am far from broke (and no, my friends are not broke.... brokers, yes, broke, no). I therefore have a vested interest in this (and all other projects) going up as planned and doing well. 55W has been stuck at around 75% sold for almost a year, similar high end units to TT. While the sales office at TT just recently opened, the excitment and quick sales that The Solaire had is not there. There is plenty of foot traffic and interest, but almost no sales. IMO, I think the prices are out of line with the other condo stock in Orlando. I really hope I'm wrong in the long run... if they get their prices, my units will go up in value too. Time will tell.

I own 2/2 units in TPC, 55W and The Solaire, I am far from broke (and no, my friends are not broke.... brokers, yes, broke, no). I therefore have a vested interest in this (and all other projects) going up as planned and doing well. 55W has been stuck at around 75% sold for almost a year, similar high end units to TT. While the sales office at TT just recently opened, the excitment and quick sales that The Solaire had is not there. There is plenty of foot traffic and interest, but almost no sales. IMO, I think the prices are out of line with the other condo stock in Orlando. I really hope I'm wrong in the long run... if they get their prices, my units will go up in value too. Time will tell.

I don't understand why you'd compare TT to Solaire. And how do you know 'almost no sales' ? This is contrary to what I've heard. Now I'll admit that I don't have any figures. Do you ?

Saying that 55W has been or is currently stuck at 70% illustrates very little about the current demand in Orlando. Say what you will, but I still firmly believe EAA got dealt a bad hand from the beggining. Slow sales hasn't kept them at 70%, increasing construction costs, and an overall skepticism about the status of the project has. Had they hired a GC up front who would have given them a realistic price this thing would be topped out.

I think overall we are too quick to compare projects. No matter how you look at it 55W is different from Solaire which is different from Dynetech, etc. different players and somewhat different target demographics.

TT will get built. Will it sell out in a couple of weeks like Solaire? Of course not. I don't excpect that it will even breakground this year, but I do not see that as related to the conditions of the market in general.

Agreed. 55W was its own animal w/ regard to it being delayed all this time. But now its gone vertical.

TT- I know I mentioned this earlier, but even if TT has trouble selling, if they get that one big bulk sale of 100 units, then it's a different story. sorry I haven't followed up on finding out more about that.

You know, since you have three.... think you could sign one over? :lol:

I walked by the Tradition Towers sales center and watched a virtual reality video thay have of what TT will look like imposed into the skyline. It showed all the amenities and features of the building. Very sharp project. This is pivotal to the skyline. It needs to get built. Also someone mentioned the Rosalind is getting redesigned. Can someone provide details on a Rosalind thread. I am excited about Rosalind Avenue, it could be Orlando's version of Manhattan's 5th Avenue. :thumbsup:

I walked by the Tradition Towers sales center and watched a virtual reality video thay have of what TT will look like imposed into the skyline. It showed all the amenities and features of the building. Very sharp project. This is pivotal to the skyline. It needs to get built. Also someone mentioned the Rosalind is getting redesigned. Can someone provide details on a Rosalind thread. I am excited about Rosalind Avenue, it could be Orlando's version of Manhattan's 5th Avenue. :thumbsup:

Firemick, I agree 100%, this project is pivotal for the skyline, it would be nice to be able and post that picture with TT in the skyline. I was driving up Robinson last night (towards downtown) and noticed The VUE starting to poke up in the sky from behind the new 5th 3rd? Cant wait to see Dynetech start to do the same. With all of the construction I saw driving around last night, it was hard to tell that we are experiencing a slowdown. In the end Rosalind will rival Orange ave.

Firemick, I agree 100%, this project is pivotal for the skyline, it would be nice to be able and post that picture with TT in the skyline. I was driving up Robinson last night (towards downtown) and noticed The VUE starting to poke up in the sky from behind the new 5th 3rd? Cant wait to see Dynetech start to do the same. With all of the construction I saw driving around last night, it was hard to tell that we are experiencing a slowdown. In the end Rosalind will rival Orange ave.

funny, I was doing the same thing from Ferncreek to Orange on Robinson-- 5th 3rd sure looks different with Vue lumbering in the background. A look to the left and you could also see Star Tower-- not for long, though, since Paramount will be in its line of sight.

How convincing looking is this virtual tour of TT in the sales office?

Does it look as good as say the virtual renderings of the Ivanhoe on the skyline in photos of orlandoskyscrapers.com or the 55 West virtual tour online?

Also, where again is the TT sales office anyway?

Does it look as good as say the virtual renderings of the Ivanhoe on the skyline in photos of orlandoskyscrapers.com or the 55 West virtual tour online?

Sales office is in the backside of Embassy Suites building faces Central at the corner of Rosalind and Central.

I just stopped by the sales office recently and the video is beautiful. They actually gave me a copy of the video since I'm working in the real estate business. A description wouldn't do it justice though. Go check it out on their high-def TV.

As for the sales, the sales associate in the office told me they are sitting at about 30% sold so far and ground will be breaking in October.

• 3 weeks later...

I just stopped by the sales office recently and the video is beautiful. They actually gave me a copy of the video since I'm working in the real estate business. A description wouldn't do it justice though. Go check it out on their high-def TV.

As for the sales, the sales associate in the office told me they are sitting at about 30% sold so far and ground will be breaking in October.

Wow no new on this project since jun 11.Has anyone heard any new news on this ?I sure hope this gets built

Archived