Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, that is massive. Looks like the color/texture scheme is going to match SunTrust point for point.

I love how the gigantic cubic pedestal dominates every corner of the block. That's the kind of street interaction that lets pedestrians know that they are in a cosmopolitan downtown.

i think we are safe as far at the suntrust colors go. i think they over accented the blue hue to the windows on the model.

although, now that im looking at it closer, im seeing blue balconies as well. oh well, it still looks stunning. we can start to worry if pyramids start appearing on the roof.

I like the more modern architectural details they've added, but the color scheme scares me. Does no one else think teal is going to look ridiculous in 10 years? SunTrust is already looking dated.

No I don't have a problem with it today or in 2016 or 2026. Don't be a slave to fashion. It looks good.

Just to add a bit to the fun, here is a webfind that I feel ranks as a pretty good one.. Click on the Tradition Tower link then the Tradition Tower folder. Should be some interesting browsing for everyone.

edit - you may need citrix client installed on your PC.

Hardin Planroom

great find...

and re: the teal, I totally think it works. I babbled a while back about the relativism of 'datedness' and i really thing we're better off with a varied skyline, at the risk of a couple of buildings possibly not surviving the test of time. But in most cases, once enough time passes, varying colors/architecture will add to the overall texture and charm of the skyline.

great find...

and re: the teal, I totally think it works. I babbled a while back about the relativism of 'datedness' and i really thing we're better off with a varied skyline, at the risk of a couple of buildings possibly not surviving the test of time. But in most cases, once enough time passes, varying colors/architecture will add to the overall texture and charm of the skyline.

We shouldn't forget that this IS Florida, which is tropical. I like the bright colors. It makes for a "tropical metro" area. Cities up north like NYC or Boston have buildings that suit that temperate - and I don't care for them very much. I think anything with some "flair" fits our culture and our climate. Florida is really about diversity

We shouldn't forget that this IS Florida, which is tropical. I like the bright colors. It makes for a "tropical metro" area. Cities up north like NYC or Boston have buildings that suit that temperate - and I don't care for them very much. I think anything with some "flair" fits our culture and our climate. Florida is really about diversity

Just to add a bit to the fun, here is a webfind that I feel ranks as a pretty good one.. Click on the Tradition Tower link then the Tradition Tower folder. Should be some interesting browsing for everyone.

edit - you may need citrix client installed on your PC.

Hardin Planroom

I still cannot open this webpage. It keeps telling me unable to open server. I must be missing something nice. Dragnabbit! :sick:

I don't really like the gigantic base. Sure, it would look great if this were a much larger, landmark building... but it isn't. This strikes me as another "this design was shortened considerably because it's Orlando" design. In fact, if this were one tower instead of two, it would look downright FAT. This just doesn't look like the type of building that should take up an entire block.

I don't really like the gigantic base. Sure, it would look great if this were a much larger, landmark building... but it isn't. This strikes me as another "this design was shortened considerably because it's Orlando" design. In fact, if this were one tower instead of two, it would look downright FAT. This just doesn't look like the type of building that should take up an entire block.

nah.. i dont think so. IMO, I think the base is the coolest part, plus it enables those kick-a$$ pedestal top outdoor areas.

does anyone know if the deck is completely the pool/outdoor deck for residents, or with there be any public areas, i.e. restaurant/dining would be great?

..and is that first level balcony in front part of residential units or public access? guess it depends if any residential units start in the pedestal or not. anyone have any details??

does anyone know if the deck is completely the pool/outdoor deck for residents, or with there be any public areas, i.e. restaurant/dining would be great?

..and is that first level balcony in front part of residential units or public access? guess it depends if any residential units start in the pedestal or not. anyone have any details??

sales office passed the fire inspection and is now open....agents are now doing the final set up and will start calling the priority buyers list any day now.

I just got my letter from tt today.Tehy said in the letter that construction was about to begin in the near future.What that means i dont know but if this and dynetech start pretty soon downtown orlando will be awesome

Archived