Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to sound like an a@#hole, but I like the model; I hate the teal, Florida or not. Tampa's in Florida, yet Suntrust and Amsouth don't have cheap teal accenting those bldgs. I preferred the bland-looking original desin-- or at least get rid of the teal. I thought at first they were going for the copper-green look, but now I realize that they are trying to undue the strides that Dynetech and Vue are trying to make. Why compliment Suntrust? Who ever said Suntrust was worth emulating elsewhare in downtown? I am Caesar, fist extended with thumb out, rotating 180 degrees down.

But, I'll take it, b/c I'm sure it will look better live than in a scaled down model. just lessen the teal. Plus, all the new windows from the original design are making the overall look very busy, like 55W.

Well, to play Devil's advocate, Miami has plenty of teal. Further, Orlando's Suntrust (subjectively speaking) is far superior to Tampa's, so why would one want to emulate an inferior tower, if one were emulating at all? And while we are on the discussion, I really don't see the Suntrust references to begin with aside from a few color similarities.

Personally, I think Tampa's SUntrust is superior, in design, detail, and color. It has elements of post-modern archi, whereas Orlando's has elements of the '80's.

Regarding Miami, the new international-looking towers are devoid of teal. I could name 30 of them.

Now, I will say, this thing is growing on me. it has mass. the base is perfect. I just think it is too busy with the windows orientation. The teal highlights is adding to that. 55W is busy also--- thank God it doesn't have any teal in it. why put teal in it? why? teal is cheap; this property deamands more $$$ per square foot than most others downtown. why?

Look, we all have different tastes. When you have the likes of Dynetech and Vue, and Plaza, for that matter, why go out of one's way to turn TT into a Suntrust clone (clone is a harsh word) and go backwards 20 years. (when I say clone, I mean overall color scheme clone)

In fact, I was just thinking the other day of how they need to repaint Waverly and get rid of the teal and pink...

Anyway, I think it will look just fine.

well, I don't necessarily mind the precast as much as the design on the sides and corners behind the North and South towers... boy I hope we get real news on TT soon instead of us sparring over teal for like the next... however long. not that I don't appreciate opposing viewpoints.

New Info:

U-Club found a new temp location.

Guy at Sales office told me they intend to break ground in July; he did acknowledge that the sales center isn't technically opened yet-- not until next week.

Teal-- not so much teal on the model as showed up on the photos posted earlier-- in fact, not nearly as much. those photos really made it look super teal-- not in person, though.

New Info:

Guy at Sales office told me they intend to break ground in July; he did acknowledge that the sales center isn't technically opened yet-- not until next week.

Teal-- not so much teal on the model as showed up on the photos posted earlier-- in fact, not nearly as much. those photos really made it look super teal-- not in person, though.

I was afraid of that. Sorry. Those were a heck of pain to get. Had to take through tinted windows while holding the camera bag up as a shade to block glare. Photoshop corrections may have raised the exposure a bit much to compensate for dark image.

New Info:

Great news and thanks for the update. BTW, I'm not a major opponent of teal but I'm glad it's toned down from the photos.

I am a proponent of stone and brick over too much glass. IMO, too much glass is cold and impersonal but like Emerald City in the land of Oz looks great and powerful from a distance. It just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy from the sidewalk. I like warm fuzzy over great and powerful.

Just my opinion ... TT doesn't overdo the glass and that's what I'm talking about.

Cheers

Look, we all have different tastes. When you have the likes of Dynetech and Vue, and Plaza, for that matter, why go out of one's way to turn TT into a Suntrust clone (clone is a harsh word) and go backwards 20 years. (when I say clone, I mean overall color scheme clone)

In fact, I was just thinking the other day of how they need to repaint Waverly and get rid of the teal and pink...

Anyway, I think it will look just fine.

oh dont get me started on that. they are "just finishing" repainting the entire Waverly, and at no time that i was aware did they ever consider changing out that publix teal!! i just woke up one day to discover they started painting.. perhaps maybe i'm in the minority of my neighbors, and maybe its true that it will lose its "wave' architecture style without that color scheme and move too far away from its Miami roots. who knows.. but it would have been a nice discussion though and a chance to throw out some different schemes to vote on.

New Info:

ah..no worries... no matter how teal the teal is, our sunshine state sun will be sure to fade it quickly. :)

Ah, that yellow star we orbit around; the great equalizer when it comes to outdoor bright colors. run out of bleach... no problem.

Yeah, Tim, don't get me wrong... your photos were excellent and, man, they look like they were from inside the room. good job with that. the model is pretty-- I only had 5 minutes to look at it, though.

Do you all believe that--- they intend to start construction in July?

Ah, that yellow star we orbit around; the great equalizer when it comes to outdoor bright colors. run out of bleach... no problem.

Yeah, Tim, don't get me wrong... your photos were excellent and, man, they look like they were from inside the room. good job with that. the model is pretty-- I only had 5 minutes to look at it, though.

Do you all believe that--- they intend to start construction in July?

well, depends on what they think start of "construction" means. my guess is they must be defining start of construction as the demoing of the u'club, so i'm hoping they have the lot cleared by summer. but i dont see them starting to drill and dig in July (though i'd like to be proven wrong) :)

How did a 441' tower and a 409' tower ... you know ... do it ..when we weren't looking ? :unsure:

The Courthouse released his seed during one of the hurricanes and it fertilised the Suntrust Building because at the time she was fertile. You see, buildings don't do "it" like animals but more like plants. Glad I could help you understand this.

The Courthouse released his seed during one of the hurricanes and it fertilised the Suntrust Building because at the time she was fertile. You see, buildings don't do "it" like animals but more like plants. Glad I could help you understand this.

ok..ok..ok. as much as i hate to contribute to this stimulating conversation...

buildings don't "do it"..... they make amore!

:)

Archived