10th + Clark Residential (37 stories/409’/414 units, 34 stories/354’/354 units, 20,932 sq. ft. retail, 847 capacity garage)

markhollin

• 6 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 9:01 AM, smeagolsfree said:

BTW, guys I have been around this forum for almost 20 years along with a few others and I do not get my hopes up for any project anymore. If it happens it happens. If you get excited over a project, be ready for a big letdown when it does not happen. Such is Nashville. Yea I am jaded but rightly so.  I am also a realist. I am also a cranky old man!:tw_grimace:

We realists tend to be cranky by nature, age has nothing to do with it 😂

• Like 3

I was going to say look how long the Federal Courthouse took. From announcement to completion almost 20 years. The same for Broad West or what it turned into. That is sort of like some of the projects they built in Rome. Just remember we are in a slowdown, and we will have some cancellations and a number of project delays. Yes, we had a lot of stuff built and that list goes back 10 years. 

All I was saying is that I do not get my hopes up about any project because it is just a loan away from not happening just as the Signature tower was 6 weeks away from its start and it did not happen. So, don't think any project is for sure 100% happening until the doors open. There was a project that sat half under construction in Charlotte for years until it was finally completed. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

5 hours ago, nashville born said:

Anyone heard any scuttlebutt on this project?

Not a peep and these guys will be like everyone else and just wait it out. Remember they own all of the Circle South property too, so they are just paying taxes on that plus this, so it is costing them a ton of money just waiting around for the market to improve.

They may well move on one of them sooner rather than later, but again they have deep pockets and taxes are a cost of doing business. This is going to be a difficult year for a lot of these developers. Some may move forward on projects counting on 2026-2027 to be much better when a project would be coming on-line. However, if too many of them think that way we could have a glut of projects come on-line in 2027.

• Like 3