PRIME/801 Church St. (38 stories, 456', 358 units, 2,654 sq. ft. retail, 511 capacity garage)

markhollin

4 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

I’m no math wiz , but I just counted four times  the above grade levels and they are definitely at 39 with about 20ish feet left to the core still showing. Bos2Nash and Baronakim I totally understand and respect your knowledge, but that’s not what I believe we are seeing. I’m sure I’m not the only one that is experiencing this ,dare I say optical illusion . 

Yes, your "39" is level 38M.  This is the bedroom mezzinine level for the two story top floor.  The working drawing sections do not lie.  The upper level of the two story units is a few feet taller than the floor to floor of the lower levels.  The remaining height of the "20ish" feet is the small stair and elevator access to the roof.  That is as tall as it going to get.  Changes as you wish were true just are not going to occur for extra height after the permits were granted.  All of this is obvious in the section drawing Bos2Nash posted.   There will be NO further apartment levels built above the two story one now under construction.  The two story columns are quite clear in the photographs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, Luvemtall said:

If we go by the renderings, the pedestal has 12 floors, then sections 1 and 3 have 7 floors each and sections 2 and 4 have 8 floors each. That makes 42 floors using simple math, now I’m not a math major but I’m able to count. Please correct me if I’m wrong , but it seems there’s 8 more floors left.

Block 4 has SIX.  You are counting the roof  glass fencing as a floor and the second floor of the 2 story ones as full "floors" and they are not  The top parking level is also not nearly a full floor either.  Yes you can mathmatically fudge the numbers, but the use says otherwise IMO.   They are pouring the roof now.  It won't get any taller than the core is now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azarat said:

Can we use the phrase "Topped Out" with regard to this beautiful building? Possibly I've missed something above, so pardon me if it has previously been stated. Also, if so,  what is the final floor count?

it has always been controversial on this forum.  It depends on whether or not you count partial parking level or the upper level of a townhouse style apartment as "floors"  We know the height; is it really critically important to argue over "floors"?  As for "topped out", it has been STRUCTURALLY topped out for a matter of over a week.  Traditionally this is when a building is considered "topped out" and they put up a tree on the roof.  Maybey some folks think "topped out" is only when the exterior is completely enclosed but IMO they are in a minority.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 4