PRIME/801 Church St. (38 stories, 456', 358 units, 2,654 sq. ft. retail, 511 capacity garage)

markhollin

On 8/15/2023 at 5:31 PM, Native said:

That is good coverage by MontanaGuy.  Today I got this shot looking over the Hermitage Hotel and it appears the rebar has elbows on it which usually signals a topping out of some sort.  Could be a penthouse level.  But there is reason to expect some additional height based on the drawings and the current state of the core.  Guess we will soon find out.

image.thumb.jpeg.99aa83fd155032522c041fd815d013bb.jpeg

image.jpeg.fe3675b49677ebe7a52c3d4479e2a012.jpeg

I'm not at all suere what you mean by "rebar with elbows".  What we see here in the photos is the floor of the last occupied floor of residences, which will be two story townhouse type units.  The roof of those units will be the building roof.  There will be no "penthouse level" beyond taking the service designated elevator above the roof and the two stair cores above the roof.  There is no mechanical requirement for a penthouse. .  As contemporary elevator designs require nothing like an old fashioned penthouse overrun beyond a hoist beam ,  all we are going to see is a small and blocky extension to provide access to the roof.  This will be perhaps 15% or so of the roof floorplate and will mostly concealed by the glass fence around the perimeter of the slab.  If you expect more than this, I am pretty sure you will very disappointed.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Up to 39th level above grade on west side.

Thanks for the photo update!  Someone should change the tile of this thread to reflect the actual finished floor count.  Right now the thread says 38-floors, but as you noted above, they are already beyond that and several more to go.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Up to 39th level above grade on west side.

Looking east from Church Street Viaduct, 1/2 block east of Upper 10th Ave. North (Platform Way):

Prime, Aug 20, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from Rosa L. Parks Blvd., 1/8 block south of Church St:

Prime, Aug 20, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Ben West Building:

Prime, Aug 20, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Church St. and 9th Ave. North:

Prime, Aug 20, 2023, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from 9th Ave. North, 1/8 block south of Church St:

Prime, Aug 20, 2023, 5.jpeg

Wow, 39 floors! I thought 38 was the cap.

Amazing to see. Keep on climbin! lol

6 minutes ago, Armacing said:

Thanks for the photo update!  Someone should change the tile of this thread to reflect the actual finished floor count.  Right now the thread says 38-floors, but as you noted above, they are already beyond that and several more to go.

Right, I saw the 39 and was like dang, this one's going taller than we thought!

Just gonna quote myself here from last month. There is a mezzanine floor associate with the 38th floor. It does not count as an actual building level. This building is permitted for 38 occupied floors.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:35 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Not adding anything to the conversation, but pulled this from the permit drawings. 38 stories and a Mezzanine at 456'-0" to the top of the mechanical penthouse.

image.thumb.png.0b6e982396860236b5af045fd122493b.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Just gonna quote myself here from last month. There is a mezzanine floor associate with the 38th floor. It does not count as an actual building level. This building is permitted for 38 occupied floors.

Understandably so, but they can call it whatever they want mezzanine, balcony, two story penthouse etc. it’s still double the height of a single floor, and when we see and count “ levels “ there’s more then 38. 

Sorta like a 38 story building with a 100 foot “crown “ it’s technically 38 stories but as tall as a 50 story building. Like Batman isn’t really 617 feet of occupied space 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Wow, 39 floors! I thought 38 was the cap.

Amazing to see. Keep on climbin! lol

Right, I saw the 39 and was like dang, this one's going taller than we thought!

NO more to go.  The elevators will not stop at this mezzinine floor level at all as a real  floor.  Perhaps  it will have a service stop, but no tenant elevator lobby will exist probably.  The floor slab will likely not go to the outer walls as this is a double height  to allow soaring liiving rooms and such on the top floor as ultraluxury units.  Bos2 has it right.  The roof slab on this "level" will be the roof of the building.  Not taller than we thought.  No changes from the permiting guys.

• Like 2

I’m no math wiz , but I just counted four times  the above grade levels and they are definitely at 39 with about 20ish feet left to the core still showing. Bos2Nash and Baronakim I totally understand and respect your knowledge, but that’s not what I believe we are seeing. I’m sure I’m not the only one that is experiencing this ,dare I say optical illusion . 

• Like 2