Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

Hope NYC builds this attractive new neighbor for the UN tower.  Wish we could get something (scaled down of course) as unique as this (the double hotel portion).

I agree, but also IMO we shouldn’t think about scaling down. Nashville deserves to have full scale , loud and proud development! 

• Like 2

https://newyorkyimby.com/2024/03/renderings-revealed-for-the-torch-at-740-eighth-avenue-in-midtown-manhattan.html

Probably one of the strangest skyscrapers I’ve ever seen. 

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

New York City's The Torch (52 stories, 1,067', 825 room hotel,  and large public outdoor observation deck with a drop ride attraction above) has updated renderings (courtesy of YIMBY New York):

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Haha you can delete my post. I noticed yours as soon as I posted. Possibly the strangest skyscraper I’ve seen.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Seattle:

Seattle.png

I spent six weeks in Seattle in 2000, and never had the atmospheric conditions to see Mount Rainier the entire time. Flying out very early on a Sunday morning, the plane emerged from the low cloud cover to reveal that majestic mountain. That’s a visual, and a feeling that I treasure as a very special memory.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I spent six weeks in Seattle in 2000, and never had the atmospheric conditions to see Mount Rainier the entire time. Flying out very early on a Sunday morning, the plane emerged from the low cloud cover to reveal that majestic mountain. That’s a visual, and a feeling that I treasure as a very special memory.

I had the great fortune of flying into SeaTac on my way to Alaska a few years ago and we dipped under the cloud cover, just slightly higher than Mount Ranier itself, with the setting sun bathing the mountain with a blood red color. It was incredible !! 

• Like 2