Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

Just wanted to let everyone know that I drove by the site a little past 1 pm earlier this afternoon and noticed that the portion of the pile-driver that needs to be constructed appeared to be finally put together and only thing left is to attach it to a crane. Now lets get a delivery of pilings and let the next pile-driving contest begin! I know pile-driving in downtown bothers people since its loud and echoes between the buildings, but honestly I missed that noise!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To fall back on ace707, the pile driver is now attached upright to the crane. I've seen it move around to various places on the site during the morning, but as of this moment I have not heard any piles being driven.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news. At least things are moving albeit slowly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes indeed. This is the first time in months that they've even so much as shifted dirt on that site. We'll just have to be patient I guess.

Part of the site is already clear though. They could start driving piles on one part of the site as they finish clearing the other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO it should be completely cleared before they even start driving piles. Maybe they are going to use it for grading purposes

Truthfully, i drive by it everyday to work, and it looks like nothing is going on.

there is a crane on site but like stated before, theres a huge pile of rubbish on the left side and the grade looks like it needs major work done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its going to happen just watch and see you will be amazed at the progress of them once they get going. :thumbsup: But I'm getting impatient too :wacko:

Just to re-confirm that, yes Seven is correct, the pile-driver is completely assembled and has moved around the lot. I haven't heard any pile-driving yet but maybe they are moving around digging holes for some of the piles. I do want to add that the 3 piles that sat at the site for the last 3 months did not appear to be there anymore. I could have missed it since I was driving but then again, they could have already driven them this morning but I'm not too sure on it so don't hold on to me about pile-driving already starting.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a month or so all you will hear is pile driving! On another note it looks like 388 Boush St. is coming alone just fine! Steel is going up everywhere.

Yeah, i agree, its strating to look nice.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This building will fill in that void. It will be great and now to have a grocery store DT! This is going to be awesome. I hope there are 2 to 3 more Granby Towers going DT. I want DT to become a 24-7 operation and this might lure more white collar jobs to our beloved city!

Rumor has it the old TCC buidling comes down this weekend.

I would bet the "huge pile of rubbish" is for the machinery to climb to demolish the building.

Things should start to come together next week I bet. My guess would be that they will start with the pile driving operation next week after the building comes down.

Rumor has it the old TCC buidling comes down this weekend.

I would bet the "huge pile of rubbish" is for the machinery to climb to demolish the building.

Things should start to come together next week I bet.  My guess would be that they will start with the pile driving operation next week after the building comes down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, cool. I wasn't aware that there was still a building that needed to come down. Makes sense though. It's cool that we're making all this progress now.

Archived