Just Wow

spenser1058

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

None of those, with the exception of Hands Up, Don't Shoot (and Black Lives Matter), are "slogans". 

Right or wrong, the rest of them are ideas. Concepts. 

Things right-wingers don't much deal in or tax themselves with.  

But neither of the two I mentioned are used anymore anyway. 

you use "simplistic" slogans versus "actual reasoning" to take a jab...I admit it was a nicely worded subtlety...

• Thanks 1

For all the beotching an moaning about maga in the republican party, the democratic party has to clean up their vermin too. 30% of the party are young with scary views and its only gonna get worse. These young ones are having mob attacks on Jewish people. When the older leadership of the democratic partic die of, this is what will eventually take over. That in itself is fascist, antisemitic, and quit frankly, they want to shut down any other idea they do not agree with..... don't believe me..... see the mobs in the universities that have shut down any discussion of something they do not agree with...... and in many cases....they do it violently. 

When these people eventually take over the democratic party, and they will as the current leadership gets older and die off, this country is over. Open borders will only make it happen sooner along with social media with propaganda infecting our young generation who no longer do any research on any topic other than taking face value a 20 second tik tok video.

This is the biggest threat to our democracy, not maga. 

Edited by shardoon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shardoon said:

For all the beotching an moaning about maga in the republican party, the democratic party has to clean up their vermin too. 30% of the party are young with scary views and its only gonna get worse. These young ones are having mob attacks on Jewish people. When the older leadership of the democratic partic die of, this is what will eventually take over. That in itself is fascist, antisemitic, and quit frankly, they want to shut down any other idea they do not agree with..... don't believe me..... see the mobs in the universities that have shut down any discussion of something they do not agree with...... and in many cases....they do it violently. 

When these people eventually take over the democratic party, and they will as the current leadership gets older and die off, this country is over. Open borders will only make it happen sooner along with social media with propaganda infecting our young generation who no longer do any research on any topic other than taking face value a 20 second tik tok video.

yeah...it doesn't look too good right now.

7 hours ago, shardoon said:

Jokes on you, I bet most of them do not vote! 

• 2 weeks later...

Students for Trump founder Ryan Fournier has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he pistol whipped his girlfriend in the face.

Article: https://www.axios.com/2023/11/28/students-for-trump-ryan-fournier-arrested-assault?fbclid=IwAR3zYEXH0cbJrNeWVJIUPb5luTKg9_xGJood7-yVjzzNtIaebXqv9B_XZtE

Couple questions:

1) Does anyone/everyone else get the Captcha upon first coming here to UPO?

2) If so, do you also get/have you opened the link at the bottom about "whitelisting" your IP address to avoid the Captcha?

I opened it and it's linked to a thing called PubGuru, which has something to do with webpage advertising/publishing, etc.

So, what I'm wondering is if anyone has availed themselves of this service,is it safe, does it work, is it easy or a PITA? 

Anyone....?  

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Couple questions:

2) If so, do you also get/have you opened the link at the bottom about "whitelisting" your IP address to avoid the Captcha?

I opened it and it's linked to a thing called PubGuru, which has something to do with webpage advertising/publishing, etc.

So, what I'm wondering is if anyone has availed themselves of this service,is it safe, does it work, is it easy or a PITA? 

Anyone....?  

Yes, I get the captcha (hate those things!) but no, I didn't know about the link to whitelist. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Couple questions:

Anyone....?  

I get the Captcha...been happening on my Chrome for about two months.  unknown about the other stuff you asked about.

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I get the Captcha...been happening on my Chrome for about two months.  unknown about the other stuff you asked about.

Well, next time you get the Captcha pop up, before you check the box and hit Submit, look toward the bottom of it for a link that says "Click to whitelist your IP".

If you click on it, it will take you to a website for something called PubGuru

Has something to do with online publishing, not pubs. 

Anyway, be a pal and see if you can complete the process for whitelisting your IP and let us (me) know how it went.

Or if your computer got infected by a virus or taken over by Chinese hackers or something like that.  

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Well, next time you get the Captcha pop up, before you check the box and hit Submit, look toward the bottom of it for a link that says "Click to whitelist your IP".

If you click on it, it will take you to a website for something called PubGuru

Has something to do with online publishing, not pubs. 

Anyway, be a pal and see if you can complete the process for whitelisting your IP and let us (me) know how it went.

Or if your computer got infected by a virus or taken over by Chinese hackers or something like that.  

Thanks. 

what does whitelisting do?  I assume it's a Windows thing only, right?

5 hours ago, jrs2 said:

what does whitelisting do?  I assume it's a Windows thing only, right?

It puts your IP on a list of "trusted" IPs that are known to not be bots etc, which then allows the owner of that IP to access the site without having to complete the Captcha. 

I don't think its germane to Windows only. 

Elon Musk restores X account of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones

Article: https://www.npr.org/2023/12/10/1218431610/elon-musk-restores-x-account-of-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones

If this isn't the final straw for every normal person to leave Twitter I don't know what will.

Edited by orange87

8 hours ago, orange87 said:

Elon Musk restores X account of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones

Article: https://www.npr.org/2023/12/10/1218431610/elon-musk-restores-x-account-of-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones

If this isn't the final straw for every normal person to leave Twitter I don't know what will.

I don't like Alex Jones and don't believe anything he says, but freedom of speech is important. If you don't defend the freedom of speech of Alex Jones, you don't believe in freedom of speech because you clearly don't believe in it and won't defend it if you disagree with it