Just Wow

spenser1058

38 minutes ago, jack said:

Watched it again during the lockdowns. It still hold up. In fact, all of Mel Brooks movies still make me laugh. 

this was the obvious Jews with Space Lasers reference that I missed  

nobody can touch Shatner's overacting skills...

xibDfb.gif

21 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I dunno.

I'm not sure that would have much appeal to the Gen Z audience Disney is "tryna" (God I hate that "word") appeal to. 

I think today's young people might prefer more suggestive entertainment. 

LMAO...

I didn't realize that photo from the other day on Disney's Snow White-ish remake was for real...  that photo of the "dwarves" looks like a promotional clip from an intro scene for an adult film filmed in Chatsworth, CA... (which I would, of course, go and see)...

but check this out from a 2009 TV movie about Snow White.  I think this was amainstream movie but look how suggestively creepy some of the dwarves are as they gaze at Snow.  It's brilliant...

MV5BNDdiYjZmOWItOWNkYy00OTk2LWJiZDUtODRlZmY3NGUxODZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ2MzU1OTQ@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

Man, just 47 states short of ridding this unconstitutional judicial made up law. 

It's not really even a law per se, as Congress had nothing to do with it. More of a legal doctrine. And as with anything else, there are pros and cons. 

https://supreme.findlaw.com/supreme-court-insights/pros-vs-cons-of-qualified-immunity--both-sides-of-debate.html

On one hand, I don't think we should be encouraging even more lawsuits against local governments to be brought every time some criminal gets injured resisting arrest. On the other hand, we don't want cops getting away with being out of control a-holes and doing as they please to innocent people.

Seems like they could get a bunch of experts together, form a select committee, identify the problem areas and maybe refine the standards.  

Best advice for the average Joe is.... stay out of situations that invite the presence of the police. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:35 AM, JFW657 said:

It's not really even a law per se, as Congress had nothing to do with it. More of a legal doctrine. And as with anything else, there are pros and cons. 

https://supreme.findlaw.com/supreme-court-insights/pros-vs-cons-of-qualified-immunity--both-sides-of-debate.html

On one hand, I don't think we should be encouraging even more lawsuits against local governments to be brought every time some criminal gets injured resisting arrest. On the other hand, we don't want cops getting away with being out of control a-holes and doing as they please to innocent people.

Seems like they could get a bunch of experts together, form a select committee, identify the problem areas and maybe refine the standards.  

Best advice for the average Joe is.... stay out of situations that invite the presence of the police. 

good advice.  the po po can be bad news...

that OPD officer that was going 80mph in Seminole who eventually got fired.  he acted like a real d!ck to that Deputy.  Imagine if he pulled one of us over...   I got a tongue lashing from a cop b/c I stopped in front of DPAC illegally and dropped people off.  The way he spoke to me in making me feel like a total a55hole for like an eternity...reminded me of how that OPD cop was talking down to that Deputy.  I wonder if it was the same guy   (karma caught up to him?)...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

good advice.  the po po can be bad news...

that OPD officer that was going 80mph in Seminole who eventually got fired.  he acted like a real d!ck to that Deputy.  Imagine if he pulled one of us over...   I got a tongue lashing from a cop b/c I stopped in front of DPAC illegally and dropped people off.  The way he spoke to me in making me feel like a total a55hole for like an eternity...reminded me of how that OPD cop was talking down to that Deputy.  I wonder if it was the same guy   (karma caught up to him?)...

I've had a scary experience or two with cops after being pulled over for a minor violation.

Once back in the mid 80's, I was heading south on Edgewater approaching Colonial, right where Steak and Ale used to be.

One of my headlights had just gone out a day or two earlier and I hadn't had time to replace it yet. I could have used my high beams and had both lights, but I didn't want to blind or annoy incoming drivers.

As luck would have it, two OPD officers were pulling out of S&A onto Edgewater just as I was passing. They pulled me over in front of the Howard Vernon.....

Screenshot-20230727-153752.jpg

One of them stood back while the other one, a tall, lean, hard ass looking jerk with dark hair and a mustache, wrote the ticket.

No sooner had I stepped out of the car, the guy started acting like an a-hole with a very threatening demeanor. I stood there leaning against my car with one thumb hooked on the top of my pants pocket. When he saw that, I thought the guy was going to billy club me or possibly even shoot me.  Over a headlight out. 

"Get your hand out of your pocket!!!"  :angry:

You'd have thought I robbed a bank or something.

I should have filed a complaint, but then who knows what would have happened some night when I was out driving alone.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I've had a scary experience or two with cops after being pulled over for a minor violation.

Once back in the mid 80's, I was heading south on Edgewater approaching Colonial, right where Steak and Ale used to be.

One of my headlights had just gone out a day or two earlier and I hadn't had time to replace it yet. I could have used my high beams and had both lights, but I didn't want to blind or annoy incoming drivers.

As luck would have it, two OPD officers were pulling out of S&A onto Edgewater just as I was passing. They pulled me over in front of the Howard Vernon.....

Screenshot-20230727-153752.jpg

One of them stood back while the other one, a tall, lean, hard ass looking jerk with dark hair and a mustache, wrote the ticket.

No sooner had I stepped out of the car, the guy started acting like an a-hole with a very threatening demeanor. I stood there leaning against my car with one thumb hooked on the top of my pants pocket. When he saw that, I thought the guy was going to billy club me or possibly even shoot me.  Over a headlight out. 

"Get your hand out of your pocket!!!"  :angry:

You'd have thought I robbed a bank or something.

I should have filed a complaint, but then who knows what would have happened some night when I was out driving alone.  

...that movie where Ray Liotta was that obsessed crazy stalker cop...

I was in a car in Orlo Vista in a blinged out ride at night and a cop pulled me over for running a red.  I was stopped at Kirkman & Raleigh waiting to make a right on red...waited for 3 cars to pass and I saw the cop heading the other direction stopped at the light (which is why I waited).  He pulled me over anyway.  He was shocked to see a gringo in a suit when I rolled down the window.  Do you know why I pulled you over, sir?  No, I don't, officer.  I pulled you over for running that light back there.  Do you mean the right on red I made, where you were facing northbound and where I waited for three cars to pass before I made the right?  License and registration.  Okay, sir, have a good night.

Yeah, and in the words of the p!ssed off Jedi...may the f*ck be with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, orange87 said:

so The Left states the alt right is a cancel culture machine; while The Right states that The Left tries to cancel them out.  fascinating dynamic at play.  Looks like The Alphabet are earning their salaries...

21 hours ago, orange87 said:

8 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

so The Left states the alt right is a cancel culture machine; while The Right states that The Left tries to cancel them out.  fascinating dynamic at play.  Looks like The Alphabet are earning their salaries...

I don't quite understand what orange87 means.  

The Barbie part is played by a white actress. Something the right wholeheartedly approves of.

Seems to me that if the movie was going to be the victim of cancel culture, it would be the cancel culture of the left for the very same reason.... the part being played by a white actress. 

Everything is so confusing nowadays.... :dontknow: 

37 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I don't quite understand what orange87 means.  

The Barbie part is played by a white actress. Something the right wholeheartedly approves of.

Seems to me that if the movie was going to be the victim of cancel culture, it would be the cancel culture of the left for the very same reason.... the part being played by a white actress. 

Everything is so confusing nowadays.... :dontknow: 

You didn't witness the total meltdown from the alt-right about the movie being feminist propaganda? Ben Shapiro even did an extremely cringey video where he ranted about Barbie for 43 minutes and burned his Barbie collection. Have you been living under a rock?

Edited by orange87

12 minutes ago, orange87 said:

You didn't witness the total meltdown from the alt-right about the movie being feminist propaganda? Ben Shapiro even did an extremely cringey video where he ranted about Barbie for 43 minutes and burned his Barbie collection. Have you been living under a rock?

No, I didn't hear or witness any meltdowns about feminist propaganda, or Ben Shapiro ranting or anything like that.

And no, I do not live under a rock. 

I haven't had cable TV for 20 years, so I don't watch the cable based, 24/7 partisan political gab shows. 

At any rate, I meant no offense, so the snarky inquiry about my living arrangements was unnecessary. 

But I will say that, based on what I've seen in what passes for "entertainment" nowadays, I suspect that there could be a certain amount of legitimacy to the feminist propaganda claims, though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

No, I didn't hear or witness any meltdowns about feminist propaganda, or Ben Shapiro ranting or anything like that.

And no, I do not live under a rock. 

I haven't had cable TV for 20 years, so I don't watch the cable based, 24/7 partisan political gab shows. 

At any rate, I meant no offense, so the snarky inquiry about my living arrangements was unnecessary. 

But I will say that, based on what I've seen in what passes for "entertainment" nowadays, I suspect that there could be a certain amount of legitimacy to the feminist propaganda claims, though.  

apparently, the actress of the Snow White or Cinnamon Tan movie is ranting against the non-woke...so stay tuned.  This may be bigger than when KISS removed their makeup.

Ben Shapiro is good at breaking things down.  I know he and Bill Maher had a Jewish chill moment on that show he does...the Barbi thing is great commentary fodder...just like Mermaid and Snow White and (fill in the blank).  Personally I think what is referred to as the alt-right is in on it with the "woke" left.  The more I sit back and just observate, I'm like, grab me a Bud with a non-tranny attached to it because its showtime.

this may be the shortest post I've done sans the last one...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

No chemtrail talk...I promise.

I wouldn't burn my Barbi collection.  That stuff has value.

And for the record... I get how Kathleen Kennedy wants females to take center stage and all with Star Wars, etc., my only gripe is when they morph a story to cater to that.  For instance, Princess Leia was always the leader in Star Wars, because of her character and where her character hailed from.  If you stick to the story and it just so happens that the female takes center stage, then more power to you.  Just don't purposely twist the plot lines to favor a female and/or minority so that you can satisfy your DEI agent.  DEI agent...sounds a lot like the Gestapo to the SS.