BridgeWay Station mixed use development-Mauldin, SC

gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Can’t say I am as impressed with this development as I once was: 

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/south-carolina/hidden-european-village-sc/amp/

Just seems like it’s small and not finished or something. I’m surprised Mauldin doesn’t issue tax incentives for Cinergy so it can get built. 

Well that’s because it is small and not finished haha. We shouldn’t be handing out tax incentives for retailers. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Well that’s because it is small and not finished haha. We shouldn’t be handing out tax incentives for retailers. 

Agreed.  We shouldn’t hand out tax incentives for anything.  They just make corporations make investments that otherwise aren’t the best use of funds.  That leads to wasted funds.

• Like 1

Looking for a name for the pedestrian bridge. Submissions are due September 5th:

City of Mauldin Seeking Public Input on Name for Pedestrian Bridge Over I-385
Name submissions due by Sept. 5 at noon

MAULDIN, S.C. — image.png.cb66a3c818bb6c2c34cd39481035c8ca.pngThe City of Mauldin is seeking public input on a name for the pedestrian bridge over I-385, which is slated for completion in late August or early September.

The bridge will serve as a major connection point in the City, linking the BridgeWay Station development with the greater Mauldin community and eventually connecting to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Pedestrians will be able to access the bridge through the Mauldin City Trail, a 0.25-mile paved trail located on East Butler Road across from Mauldin High School.

“This pedestrian bridge is a major accomplishment for the City of Mauldin, and I believe it will become a focal point for our community,” City Administrator Seth Duncan said. “In the spirit of community and connection, we now ask for the public’s help in naming what will become South Carolina’s next iconic bridge.”

The City will accept name submissions until September 5 at noon. Submissions can be made via the City’s Facebook and Instagram pages, emailed to Communications Manager Lauren Carter at [email protected] or submitted via this form: https://forms.gle/wqMaTxq12NCiCtwL6.

Bridge names should be unique and reflect a connection to the City of Mauldin, its history or its future. Names that are vulgar, profane, discriminatory, derogatory or sexual in nature will not be considered.

Name submissions will be reviewed by City Staff, and the top names will be recommended to Mauldin City Council. Once selected, the new name will be featured on a commemorative plaque for the bridge.

Contributions are voluntary, and submissions do not guarantee the submitter any particular recognition, award or favor from the City.

The City of Mauldin partnered with BridgeWay Station developer Hughes Investments, Inc. to create the bridge, and construction began in June of 2022. More information about the pedestrian bridge is available here: https://cityofmauldin.org/construction-underway-on-the-new-pedestrian-bridge-over-i-385/.

“The bridge to nowhere.”

”Waste of taxpayer dollars bridge.”

”I can’t find six million dollars to fix the roads but I can for this bridge.”

”Graffiti coming soon bridge.”

”Where is my soccer stadium and Cinergy bridge.”

”The city without a real downtown bridge.”

”I couldn’t land any national retailers or restaurants bridge.”

”The architecture doesn’t match bridge.”

”Phase 2 will never get built bridge.”

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:11 AM, gman430 said:

“The bridge to nowhere.”

Bimbo Bridge

Bozo Bridge

LMAO Bridge

WTH Bridge

SMH Bridge

Big Fiasco Bridge

Edited by cabelagent

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 8:11 AM, gman430 said:

“The bridge to nowhere.”

I was thinking more like:

"The coolest looking (interstate) bridge in town"

"The nice to see someone put some thought and creativity into something bridge"

"The we didn't just take the cheapest option available bridge"

"The something we took pride in making it look nice bridge"

You know, something more positive that acknowledges someone putting some character into it!:thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gman430 said:

The roads throughout the development are now open to the public. Due to that, I decided to take a stroll through it for the first time in months and I have to say I am very impressed with the architecture and detailing of phase 1. Everything from the brick work to the  statues…it’s perfect. Definitely feels more like an authentic Italian village rather than Disney World. If the future phases are anything like this, the entire upstate will definitely have a mixed use development to be very proud of. You can tell Hughes spent a lot of time, money, sweat, and tears to make it right.

Good post. I've been excited about this one all along, i think it's going to be a unique and architecturally pleasing development; I only wish we could say something simar about country square.

I have never understood the Disney comments. I am not personally a Disney guy, but neither downtown Greenville nor this development are anything like Disney. If we're being literal, Disney is an overpriced tourist trap that herds countless masses through the gates paying well over $100 a day, a peice, to stand in line for hours, yet somehow manages to be one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world. DT Greenville is a living urban city (on a small scale) that many people enjoy for its own merits. Bridgeway is going to be a mixed use center for a town, with some fascinating architecture.  

The closest thing to Disney in SC is Myrtle Beach, and I'll pass on the too.

(Gman, not directed at you, i know you were referencing others who have made those allusions. )

Edited by distortedlogic

5 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Good post. I've been excited about this one all along, i think it's going to be a unique and architecturally pleasing development; I only wish we could say something simar about country square.

I have never understood the Disney comments. I am not personally a Disney guy, but neither downtown Greenville nor this development are anything like Disney. If we're being literal, Disney is an overpriced tourist trap that herds countless masses through the gates paying well over $100 a day, a peice, to stand in line for hours, yet somehow manages to be one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world. DT Greenville is a living urban city (on a small scale) that many people enjoy for its own merits. Bridgeway is going to be a mixed use center for a town, with some fascinating architecture.  

The closest thing to Disney in SC is Myrtle Beach, and I'll pass on the too.

(Gman, not directed at you, i know you were referencing others who have made those allusions. )

I am in N. Myrtle Beach right now, listening to the waves roll in. MB is not close to being Disney. It is much better. Seriously, it is beautiful down here. We are blessed to live in Greenville while only 4 hours away from the most beautiful beaches in the nation. 

2 hours ago, gman said:

I am in N. Myrtle Beach right now, listening to the waves roll in. MB is not close to being Disney. It is much better. Seriously, it is beautiful down here. We are blessed to live in Greenville while only 4 hours away from the most beautiful beaches in the nation. 

The grand strand does nothing for me. Give me Hunting Island; now thats a beautiful beach!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

The grand strand does nothing for me. Give me Hunting Island; now thats a beautiful beach!

Winyah Bay is the official southern boundary of the Grand Strand. I put Litchfield, Pawley's & "Debbuh Doo" up against any residential beach that isn't at the foot of a mountain.

As for Hunting Island, I've never been there, but I imagine it's gorgeous, at sunrise especially.

Had been on City-Data for years but it’s been crickets over there on this project so decided to skip on over here. Been so out of the loop that I had no idea that Cinergy was gone from the plans. 

A shame. That’s the one thing I was looking forward to there was some other option for cinema in town. Wonder if Hughes could entice Alamo to consider the area again. 

A dine-in theater seems like a sure thing in this market. Get it done already!

• 3 weeks later...

Four new tenants coming to BridgeWay Station due to others backing out. Still no sign of  Cinergy either:

“Lili + Koko Boutique + Bubbles will sell on-trend styles that are affordable for women at any life-stage. Their new location will feature a champagne bar, artisanal charcuterie boards, & decadent desserts for an exciting 'sip and shop' experience.

Jeremiah's Italian Ice will serve authentic Italian Ice, creamy soft ice cream, and gelati!

From the owners of Blues Boulevard downtown Greenville comes Lucille's Music and Comedy Venue - the ultimate destination for thrilling live music and side-splitting comedy.

And finally, Mercato will serve breakfast and lunch bagels and sandwiches with a large grab-and-go selection of prepared foods, breads, specialty drinks, healthy beverages, and more.

BridgeWay Station is delighted to welcome these new tenants into spaces previously occupied by others who, due to market and industry challenges, are unable to pursue new ventures. Mercato will be taking over the space formerly leased to Cohesive Coffee, while Jeremiah’s Italian Ice will occupy the area previously leased to Yogi's Cups and Cones. Belladina's Italian Market, an earlier announcement, will no longer be a part of BridgeWay Station. The remaining 6,000 square feet of space originally leased to Belladina's Italian Market represents the last available retail space for lease.

These four new tenants plan to in open March/April.”

Edited by gman430

• 4 weeks later...