Amazon: The Thread | 5,000 Jobs | 1M SQFT in Nashville Yards

ZestyEd

We'll they've got the data center coming online in Gallatin.

facebook-gallatin.png

Why not get an office beach head in a market like Nashville with Amazon having the 3 towers (maybe 80+ (pushing 90) stories of office?) And Oracle developing half a whole river bank (Interesting how their HQ in CA is also on waterfront).  But a big presence in Nashville.
Facebook could develop across the river from Oracle in the germantown part of town.  I don't know if there's developable land along the river here tho...  Other spot of course that more into town wold be Gulch, or by Vandy. 
Although being adjacent to The Yards is not a bad spot. Could be part of a tech synergy with AAF (amazon asurion fbook) .

Edited by rolly
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Facebook or Meta is not in good financial shape right now

Yep. If memory serves, Meta (FB parent co.) lost somewhere in the range of $250-300 BILLION in market capitalization in the past couple of weeks. Around 30% of it's value wiped out in a week or 2. Purely a guess, but I'd speculate they're sitting tight for the foreseeable future.  Next earnings report end of April.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Yep. If memory serves, Meta (FB parent co.) lost somewhere in the range of $250-300 BILLION in market capitalization in the past couple of weeks. Around 30% of it's value wiped out in a week or 2. Purely a guess, but I'd speculate they're sitting tight for the foreseeable future.  Next earnings report end of April.

They are still making a ton of money, growth rate has slowed. Intense competition from Tik tok. They also just signed a huge lease in Austin.

13 hours ago, titanhog said:

What if Facebook went all out and bought the Icahn scrapyard site and made that into “Meta City”?

I thought the whole point of the Metaverse is that it does not exist in real life.  They should build out a massive corporate campus on the metaverse and have the back-story for that virtual property be that it used to be a scrap metal yard in the metaverse but they cleaned it up and revitalized that underutilized virtual real estate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read the comments on the NY thread re: Amazon tower 3 possibly connected to its expansion in the healthcare vertical.  Found this today in FORBES:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saibala/2022/02/21/amazons-growth-in-healthcare-is-unparalleled/?sh=3075195b21b2

A snippet fom the article:

"Earlier this month, famed tech and e-commerce company Amazon announced that it will be expanding its in-person healthcare model nationwide, as demand for the retail giant’s healthcare services is surging.

The press release explains: "“Amazon Care launched in September 2019 to bring the most patient-centric health care to customers when and where they need it. Amazon Care combines the best of virtual care and in-person services, and as more and more organizations look for convenient, comprehensive, high-quality health care solutions, we’re seeing growing demand and excitement for Amazon Care’s unique hybrid care offering.”"

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Just an opinion from an old architect who worked for one of the leading design firms in Healthcare in the US and even the world.  Amazon has certainly grown beyond the expectations for Nashville as one of their corporate centers.   I think that the massive entry of Amazon into healthcare will be HUGE and Nashville is the most likely choice to center the whole operation as Nashville is already the center of so many healthcare corporations presense.  I predict that new facilities to house this new Amazon divison will absolutely dwarf the 3 huge buildings in NY.    Look for 60 stories or more when this soon happens.  

Very interesting! Wouldn't a 60 story commercial building be at minimum ~787' tall? 

3 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Just an opinion from an old architect who worked for one of the leading design firms in Healthcare in the US and even the world.  Amazon has certainly grown beyond the expectations for Nashville as one of their corporate centers.   I think that the massive entry of Amazon into healthcare will be HUGE and Nashville is the most likely choice to center the whole operation as Nashville is already the center of so many healthcare corporations presense.  I predict that new facilities to house this new Amazon divison will absolutely dwarf the 3 huge buildings in NY.    Look for 60 stories or more when this soon happens.  

Any real insider info to back this statement up

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Let it be written.  Let it be done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Baronakim said:

I predict that new facilities to house this new Amazon divison will absolutely dwarf the 3 huge buildings in NY.    Look for 60 stories or more when this soon happens.  

I totally agree @Baronakim. If Amazon enters the Healthcare as expected, Nashville seems the logical choice for its headquarters. I believe that was the driving force behind them coming to town in the first place. And yes , they will need a lot of floor space. I would hope for it to be one or two large and tall buildings, but Amazon has a history of spreading out over many 20-30 story buildings. And I will take a walk onto the limb , and say that it not necessarily will be part of NY. I could see it maybe as part of Reed or Beaman or to go way out on the limb The Tishman project.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

I totally agree @Baronakim. If Amazon enters the Healthcare as expected, Nashville seems the logical choice for its headquarters. I believe that was the driving force behind them coming to town in the first place. And yes , they will need a lot of floor space. I would hope for it to be one or two large and tall buildings, but Amazon has a history of spreading out over many 20-30 story buildings. And I will take a walk onto the limb , and say that it not necessarily will be part of NY. I could see it maybe as part of Reed or Beaman or to go way out on the limb The Tishman project.

I think the "spreading out" may be not as likely as it was back in 2017 when Amazon started poking around  here in Nashville.  Should a major project come forth in healthcare, the time when you could find  land with the luxury to stay 20 to 30 stories is eroding rapidly, at least for an affordable price.   Surely, such a facility would be desirable to be proximate to the NY offices.  Oracle and the stadium have for the most part preempted the sites across the river.     In my estimation I think TALL is the more likely  option to locate close to their NY core.  I also think that Amazon would want to go for spectacular over their established norm in this one endeavor.  Just an opinion though.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...