Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Taking another look at that tower... it doesn't appear to be anywhere near 700'.  Apparently about 54 floors tall, a residential tower would be closer to 550'... and compared to the model of ATT (without spires), a 700-footer would be a lot taller than that one as it sits on a hill.  And compared to the Suntrust Financial (???), that one sits at about 430' (right?).  Obviously that's very thin on detail, but I'm just saying how it appears to me.

The Fifth Third Center is 490' and the L&C tower is 409'. Standing right next to those towers it dwarfs them in height. If the model is accurate, there is no way the tower is anything under 700'. It actually looks closer to 800' to me as it appears to be much taller than the AT&T tower as well. With or without the spires.

Just bring back the last signature tower design !!!!:-D

Eh, that tower would have looked ridiculous because of how tall it was. It would have stuck out a lot worse than the Devon tower does in OKC. I'm glad it never got built actually. The original 505 design (even at 605') blows away this current render, and the signature tower as well. It would have been the 2nd tallest leed platinum office tower in the country, and that alone makes it sexy as hell. It would have put Nashville on the map for sure. To me, this new render looks like every other 700+ footer residential tower in cities like Chicago or Miami.

Like I said earlier, I'll gladly take it, but it is a major step back in terms of the design quality from the original office tower design.

• Like 1

Two more designs for 505 Church st from Tony. There is a residential prospect at 750' and a mixed use tower at the same height. The office tower is still on the table. I think it's just a matter of what will be the best use for the site.

Did Tony talk about SOBRO, Sheet Music or his Marriott proposal at all at this event? I think I would feel a lot more confident about his ability to pull off a new tallest on the Church Street site after I see some movement on his other proposals. 

I'll reserve judgment on these new options for the Church Street site until we see actual renderings. For now, I do think this model we've seen looks more slender than the original 505CST proposal which I do like. I also think that a residential component could potentially make a new tallest on this site more viable. I just don't want to see another Signature Tower situation with this where there are years of redesigns but the market cools and nothing ultimately materializes. 

Edited by ariesjow

We haven't even seen an officially rendering, chill the heck out on the "step back in quality" crap, seriously. All that's been put out is a scale model that doesn't have much detail at all. 

I didn't go to the meeting (dammit! I should've kept up with the civic design center's schedule...I would've definitely gone!), but from what I gathered looking at the write-up, the presentation was going to be from Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill (architects of 505)...so I would assume that these other proposals were designed by them. If that is the case, then I'm not too worried about the alternates (though I still prefer the 505 design).

Did Tony talk about SOBRO, Sheet Music or his Marriott proposal at all at this event? I think I would feel a lot more confident about his ability to pull off a new tallest on the Church Street site after I see some movement on his other proposals. 

I'll reserve judgment on these new options for the Church Street site until we see actual renderings. For now, I do think this model we've seen looks more slender than original 505CST proposal which I do like. I also think that a residential component could potentially make a new tallest on this site more viable. I just don't want to see another Signature Tower situation with this where there are years of redesigns but the market cools and nothing ultimately materializes. 

Not a word publicly, but privately he is very confident.

We haven't even seen an officially rendering, chill the heck out on the "step back in quality" crap, seriously. All that's been put out is a scale model that doesn't have much detail at all.

Why don't YOU chill the heck out! I don't need to see a freakin render with "detail" to tell it isn't as nice as the original design! What the hell does it matter to you what I think anyways!?! That's my freakin opinion...get it?!

God forbid someone say's anything negative in this damn forum, or doesn't approve of something, or has a different opinion about something. If you do you, you pretty much get attacked!

It's comment's like yours that make me not even wanna post here for crying out loud!

If it bothers you that damn much that I think the original design is far better then some freaking condo tower with balconies and sh!t, then you got some kind of problem. I don't need to see any damn "details" to tell that it's just a typical/ordinary looking residentail tower, and that there's nothing special about it like the office tower design was other than it's 750 feet. I can get the gist of it by what is shown...

From now on just do me a favor and ignore my posts!

Edited by mirydi

I think the pedestal looks fine. The Demonbreun side leaves a little to be desired, but the 11th street elevation (at least in this rendering) looks good. The staircase should be very handy. The parking entrance on 11th is unsightly, but I've pretty much given up the battle for Nashville.

I give it a B-

The Bank of Nashville logo will grace the top of Gulch Crossings. Definitely interesting considering banks generally like to stay in the CBD,..

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131120/BUSINESS02/311200128/2095/BUSINESS02

Unfortunately, the Bank of Nashville is moving to the Gulch Crossings building from . . . the L&C Tower.  It seems that the 3,000 SF of retail at Gulch Crossings that faces Demonbreun will be a Bank of Nashville branch.  http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131120/BUSINESS02/311200128.  That's a loss for L&C and a fairly tame selection for the one retail space on Demonbreun.  I'm sure that the 11th Ave retail spaces will have something more lively.

So now the Gulch will have a Bank of Nashville branch in Gulch Crossings and the BB&T bank branch in Terrazo.

Ok....so it's the new building at 5th and Church, 505 to the old convention center site, and let's do SoBro v1.0 to the lot behind the Ben West library, Sheet Music and  SoBro at their present proposed locations, and hell, let's throw in the 3rd design and the original tall Siggy onto the federal courthouse site that we all know will never see activity as long as Jim Cooper is in office.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the Bank of Nashville is moving to the Gulch Crossings building from . . . the L&C Tower.  It seems that the 3,000 SF of retail at Gulch Crossings that faces Demonbreun will be a Bank of Nashville branch.  http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131120/BUSINESS02/311200128.  That's a loss for L&C and a fairly tame selection for the one retail space on Demonbreun.  I'm sure that the 11th Ave retail spaces will have something more lively.

So now the Gulch will have a Bank of Nashville branch in Gulch Crossings and the BB&T bank branch in Terrazo.

This location does give them a lot more visibility...and accessibility. I completely understand why the BoN would make this move.

And I don't think it's necessarily the worst thing for L&C. I think with the vacant space starting to add up, it would make L&C a more attractive property to convert to residential.

• Like 1