Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am actually worried about the Heavens Door Facility. That one seems to have hit a snag of some sort. I am really worried one of the vagrants will get inside and start a fire. Most of the guys that sleep next to the building are OK as I have talked to a number of them. One of the guys moved from the building that was demoed for Recess to the sidewalk. There are a couple of bad actors in the group.

Do you know the developers well enough to tip them off, at least to a point they can secure it from vagrants if they're not able to move forward on it?  Lots of out-of-town developers don't have a clue where some of the worst places are for things like that.

LOL... Then someone should write a letter to that Mr. Dylan!

I Knew Bobby Zimmerman is the money behind this one, but I'd be surprised if he's actually doing the development.  Then again, I'd like to think that celebs are more in the know about where their money goes.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, Nashville Cliff said:

I wish I had been able to get a photo on my drive in this morning. The paint job is looking great. As transformative as the paint job the Renaissance got a few years back.

I'll snap a picture on my way in (had morning meetings). I am not a fan though. The character of the material is now lost forever :(

Edit:
Here is a picture of the eastern facade. They appear to be starting on the north facade today

IMG_5797.thumb.jpeg.2306b905463a63381c3aab6be0d81d11.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'll snap a picture on my way in (had morning meetings). I am not a fan though. The character of the material is now lost forever :(

Edit:
Here is a picture of the eastern facade. They appear to be starting on the north facade today

IMG_5797.thumb.jpeg.2306b905463a63381c3aab6be0d81d11.jpeg

Thanks. I get your point. I've never cared for that sandstone look in taller buildings.

10 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Thanks. I get your point. I've never cared for that sandstone look in taller buildings.

But a major point of modernist structures is to detach from stylistic decisions.  The "sandstone" is exposed aggregate precast concrete.   The color is honest to what it is.  As soon as you decide to paint it, you are now beholden to paint it again in 10 years...and again 10 years after that...and so on.  Not just for trendy updates, but also for maintenance.   I think of it as being wasteful.

• Like 3