Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

From Nashville Post:

Parking structure prepped for Hammer Mill development in Germantown

TriBridge Residential and Stockbridge Capital Group, co-developers of the Hammer Mill project in Germantown, have landed a major permit related to the project.

Valued at about $12.5 million, the permit will allow for the construction of a six-level above- ground 344-space parking deck structure.

The permit follows the recent announcement of the relocating of an historic water tank on the site and to be incorporated into the mixed-use project.

Nashville-based RG Anderson Company Inc. is serving as general contractor. RGA coordinated the tank relocation, and EMC Structural of Nashville assisted with the engineering for the move.

To be located at 1390 Adams St., Hammer Mill will offer 258 residential units and about 15,000 square feet of retail space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

That looks better to me. 8 stories always seemed a little aggressive for a storage unit. 

U-Haul recently opened a 7-story storage facility inside a 250,000 sq. ft. building (previously a Nabisco plant) in Detroit's New Center area.

So 8 stories (or even 6 stories) with 60,000 sq. ft. doesn't seem crazy at all.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Mark...is Moxy the steel portion (up high)...and the corner section is a different project, right?

Yes---the empty section on the corner will be the location of Harry O's, a new 4 story restaurant/ bar. Foundation work is complete on that, and it should start rising out of the ground any day.

The Moxy will have two "fronts", one on Broadway, and one on 3rd Ave. South.

• Like 2

The Staybridge Suites that was being planned for the western edge of CBD, is now off the table.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20863406/staybridge-hotel-project-no-longer-planned-for-gulch

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map shows where this was scheduled to be.  It is a nice piece of property that I could see another hotelier being interested in:

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 8.30.40 AM.png

Did Staybridge ever present renderings of the hotel they planned for that site?  I know they have a hotel in Manhattan, but I don't believe they built it from the ground up.  So, I was wondering what their concept would be for a site like the one in the CBD.  Most of their hotels are suburban and they look very suburban.    The pictures below are a rendering and the construction of a Staybridge Suites in downtown Denver.  I wouldn't want this for the Nashville location either....  I not certain that it is a build from the ground up either.  There's a google map picture (3rd pic) that makes me think this is an existing building that Staybridge is re-purposing as a hotel.  If not, they didn't venture too far away from the design of the previous structure.

5936bc0c5b5ca_StaybridgeSuiteDenverDowntown.PNG.99ce758a84a46ffe016d94bc49c7dff2.PNG   5936bef2852d8_StaybridgeSuiteDenverDowntown-Construction.PNG.419f2b20ee0ebf29e5531c0c414dcaf7.PNG  5936c2dc6ad9a_StaybridgeSuiteDenverDowntown-Maps.PNG.739a1bb471f4c6f9debd0a8ccc400c3c.PNG