Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I can't disagree with your logic but remember this building is parking for the first (what 8?) floors.  Was the rumor for Lifeway a building with garage behind it, or under it?

Seeing that the Lifeway block is only about 10% larger than the Hayes block, and that they are building for approximately the same amount of employees (1,000+), it would seem that there would not be enough space for a surface lot, unless they are working out a deal with the lots next to them.  The latter doesn't make much sense to me if I'm the MDHA (who owns those parcels), because they are prime for much more lucrative development than just surface parking. So, I believe the Lifeway building will have to include parking for 800-1,000 cars, which would mean at least a 6-story garage and then another 8-10 stories of offices on top of that.

Also, if they plan on putting another Lifeway Bookstore as part of the structure, then that will take up quite a bit of space on the first level, along with parking that would need to be dedicated for that.   

Edited by markhollin

I swear everytime recently I have asked for a status update about a project news within a 2 day period shows It breaking ground soon.  Maybe if I ask about the old convention center one more time... :)

• Like 1

The height is 543 not 525. That was mis spoken and this comes from Tony.

This is the first paragraph of Williams article as it reads now.

Nashville-based Giarratana Nashville LLC is targeting a mid-November groundbreaking for its 505  — a 543-foot tall skyscraper expected to dramatically alter the city’s skyline.

Edited by smeagolsfree

Dramatically ? It's 134 feet taller than the L&C and 87 feet shorter than AT&T. Dramatic would be 800, 900 or 1,000 feet as the Sig was supposed to be. This is half the height of what was meant for this location. It's nothing short of a dramatic letdown.

I agree and disagree.  As long as it's roof height is 543 feet, I'm fine with it honestly.  I understand why he's reduced it's overall scope, but it's still going to stick out like a sore thumb in that location on top of the hill.

This one got by me yesterday. The proposal for moving Whiskey Kitchen was approved, Hastings is the architect.

635779327622165361-mstreetgulch

Putting aside for a moment the fact that the above rendering absolutely looks like a place I'd enjoy sitting sitting outside, drinking a beer, meeting friends or eating dinner...

This seems like a significant under utilization of the lot.  Couldn't we have gotten more density?  A few floors of apartments above the bar/restaurant?  Some loft offices?  Something? 

• Like 1

Gramercy site sold again for double the price.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/16/germantown-row-home-site-flipped-again-22m/32500593/

Also rendering released for 4th and Garfield.

piMTgxk.jpg

Good - new owner Thrive intends to move forward with the Gramercy project as designed.  I was worried there for a minute that Gramercy would be scrapped and something else go up.   Amazing that the property has gone from $562k to $2.2M in 3 yrs.     

I like the 4th/Garfield design also.