Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Wells Fargo building will be the Bobby Hotel according to Kevin Fee who is also doing the Westin.

Used to be Wachovia Bank before it was Wells Fargo. 9 stories tall.  Built in 1975.  89,000 sq. ft.  2 level underground parking with 80 spaces.  Across from the Arcade at 230 Fourth Avenue North.  

http://www.cumberlandcommercial.com/printable.php?property_ID=31

And let's not forget these additional rehabs:

James Robertson Building on 7th into a hotel

Richards & Richards Building on Broadway into a boutique hotel

Trail West Building on Broadway into restaurants/offices

Acme Building on Broadway and First into restaurants/entertainment

Musicians Hall of Fame into basement of Municipal Auditorium

Cordell Hull State Office Building being remodeled

Lifeway Campus with some of the older structures being saved/remodeled 

Old hospital at Rolling Mill Hill into condos

Trolly sheds at Rolling Mill Hill into offices/entertainment

Marathon Village into restaurants, retail, and offices

Werthan Lofts into condos in Germantown

The just-announced saving of Stockyard Restaurant building

Numerous other conversions of older structures in Germantown, East Nashville, etc. into eateries, condos, office space, etc. 

I know we can get frustrated at times with all of the new construction, but we do have some nice honoring of old architecture remaining.  And, in nearly all cases with newer structures, they are either replacing vacant lots, parking lots, or low-grade industrial warehouses with no esthetic or historical value.

Thanks for a positive posting.  I understand that this forum is designed to let everyone have opinions, but sometimes the negativity makes me stop looking at it and there are topics I just won't read.  I am in total agreement that many buidlings could be better, power lines are ugly and WE NEED MASS TRANSIT of some type and now, but the negativity gets old.

• Like 2

With all this activity near the arcade maybe there will be a business plan to make it viable and active again. It would be a great startup incubator with the small offices/retail suites that could easily hold a small number of employees. If it were to be fixed up I could see the arcade develop a vibe that draws people in similar to what is happening with L&C and creative types (although on an obviously different scale).

• Like 4

The Spectrum Emory project at the Stockyard adds more land to the project.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2015/05/21/developers-expand-site-apartments-near-stock-yard/27750485/

The article says the additional land under contract includes the Chromemasters building, which is the old brick structure on 3rd that I imaged above.    The site plan already includes that property.  

You'd have made quite a bit more money if you'd have built on the lot at that price. 700k of house could go on there and you'd have had roughly 300k of costs. Obviously there's more risk to building but that's a heck of a lot of profit.

Here are some pics of the arcade in my hometown of Dayton, OH  https://www.google.com/search?q=Dayton+Arcade&biw=1707&bih=896&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Dz1mVfugNLiHsQSv4IPoBw&ved=0CCUQsAQ

It was also built between 1902-1904.  Sadly it closed a long time ago and has not seen successful reuse proposals.  Good memories, though.

• Like 4