505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I am still holding out hope for a possible late addition at the top of the building. Maybe a huge neon guitar sign!! joke   But would really love to see a spire addition. Not sure of the range of costs there.

Does anyone have any idea at the what kind of profits Tony is working to make? If he does well here I could see him following up when this is all said and done. new tallest could follow in the next few years.

I really like the attention being given to the way Paramount will address the corner of 5th/Church.    This is arguably the CBD's most active street corner north of Lower Broad, and the renderings show an attempt to address pedestrians on both Church and 5th.    Thankfully missing are any segments of dead pedestrian space, even along the downhill grade on 5th where there could have been a solid foundation wall that gradually rose above the pedestrian's head as the sidewalk descended the grade (see, e.g., the Cumberland along 6th Ave).   What's not included in this set of renderings is the additional retail on 5th Ave in the base of the MDHA garage.     It wouldn't have mattered if this project were 60 stories or 10 stories if it had botched the street level interaction.     

• Like 4

Last I calculated it would appear 27' taller than the spires of AT&T.

That means this will easily appear to be the tallest building in Nashville...not just because it will appear taller than the spires...but because of it being a solid rectangle from bottom to top.  In my mind...it will be our new "tallest."

• Like 2

Kinda makes me wish it was a wider avenue now.

Yup. 60' face to face works for the stretch from Church to Union where the buildings are only 5 stories. It is tight for really big buildings. Probably illustrates the need for step backs in Nashville CBD even if the zoning doesn't require it.

Will this building end up "sticking out" more than AT&T tower?  Meaning...will it end up being the most noticeable building in our skyline?

Yes, no doubt. The elevation levels between the two are well over 100 feet. Close to 150 as I recall.

The spires are 90 feet tall if that helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think me and Daniel heard a kaboom Saturday before the meet.

I feel it twice a day, while nested deep within my office bldg. just 2 blocks north.  Amazing how something seismically manageable can be transmitted though superstructures in such a large radius, but then too the prevalent regional limestone itself is a huge conductor of shock waves.

-==-