Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

On 6/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, nashville born said:

Anyone in the know willing to shed light on why some projects start their glass curtain earlier in the process and some later?

I just walked over there awhile ago and noticed a bit of glass as you can see from the photos I posted below.  I'm guessing that because it's not going to be a flat surface that covers the side of the building in a uniform sheet that it's got to wait until a lot of the material that it's going to connect to is put in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 4:10 PM, nashville born said:

Anyone in the know willing to shed light on why some projects start their glass curtain earlier in the process and some later?

Could be a number of factors. Could be labor availability, materials, or just place in line type of thing. Also could depend on actual system being used. MontanaGuy posted some more traditional "punched openings" which can make use of a more traditional aluminum frame system, but other portions are surely window wall or curtain wall which is more robust. Also, in talking to a GC awhile back there only a handful of window system companies that regularly get used by some of the big subcontractors, so maybe that factors into things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2