Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I mentioned the location to several people that have not been following the story. When I told them the fairgrounds the reaction has been the same.....what? are they crazy?

If we end up with a stadium at the fairgrounds, I really hope they turn that entire area into a showplace.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titanhog said:

If we end up with a stadium at the fairgrounds, I really hope they turn that entire area into a showplace.

I think we have the opportunity to show not just a soccer stadium, but a whole revitalized plot of land that the city could be behind. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I think we have the opportunity to show not just a soccer stadium, but a whole revitalized plot of land that the city could be behind. 

That's what I'm hoping.  IF they do this, knock down almost every structure at the fairgrounds and start over and bring it into the 21st Century...including bringing in a much better class of "State Fair."

• Like 1

Some pretty cool stadium designs.  I like how some have open areas that give them a truly unique design.  Will be interesting to see what Nashville comes up with.  I hope they do a complete design of the fairgrounds, showing the stadium, upgrade of the track, new fairground buildings...and maybe some retail around the edges or something.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just FYI, I am hearing chatter from some friends in STL that they are now confident that they will indeed get one of the expansion teams

This is not official, just chatter passed along to me and I am sharing with UP. I, honestly, have a hard time believing it, for various reasons

13 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Just FYI, I am hearing chatter from some friends in STL that they are now confident that they will indeed get one of the expansion teams

This is not official, just chatter passed along to me and I am sharing with UP. I, honestly, have a hard time believing it, for various reasons

what are your reasons for not believing it? 

Meanwhile, this premier league game to be hosted at Nissan Stadium will be great.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/03/07/report-premier-league-teams-to-play-at-nissan.html

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nashvylle said:

what are your reasons for not believing it? 

Meanwhile, this premier league game to be hosted at Nissan Stadium will be great.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/03/07/report-premier-league-teams-to-play-at-nissan.html

To be clear to all my fellow soccer fans, this is an off-season international exhibition match, not a Premier League match, even though it is between two Premier League teams.  Still though, this is a huge deal for the rapidly growing soccer community in Nashville, and I can't wait to see which two teams it will be.  No doubt, it'll be two top teams, because this is all about the international promotion of European football in general, so we don't have to worry that it's going to be Watford vs. Swansea City or something.  haha

I went to one of these matches a few years ago in Chicago in which Bayern Munich matched up against Atletico Madrid.  It was a fairly slow game featuring mostly second and third tier players due to injury concerns, but it was still a whole lot of fun to attend.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Tottenham Hotspurs and MCFC!

City 'til I die! Love this!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just got into soccer about three years ago during the World Cup and I went to my first Chattanooga FC match during that time, my girlfriend who I also started dating almost three years ago is a big Chelsea fan.  I've been watching premier league for awhile now and never had a team until about a month or two ago when I saw Man City's home jerseys looked like the Titans, I was sold then. So I am happy about this announcement. 

Went to the Flea Market for the first time in probably a decade, it was great, hasn't changed at all it felt like.

Having said that, I can only imagine how terrible game day traffic would be if they put it down there.  We had a hard time getting in and we arrived around Noon.  Please, Nashville, do not put the MLS stadium down there.  Sure, it may help to revitalize the area but it would be the wrong thing for fans.