Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

I am so glad that David is involved. His goal is securing the MLS in Nashville, and the fact egos did not interfere with this deal speaks well for those leading the effort and the future of soccer in Nashville.

MLS has to be salivating that Nashville's bid has a billionaire as the majority owner....just too bad Nashville came into the expansion process a little late, but who knows....a wonderful stadium design (even at the Fairgrounds) may make up a lot of ground along with Mr. Ingram's majority ownership takeover.  Financial stability may trump lots of other MLS wooers pluses; see St. Louis' doomed bid.

• Like 4

So this just hit the internet, things seem to be rolling now

Nashville fairgrounds park plan transforms 46 acres into soccer fields, dog park, greenway

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/11/nashville-fairgrounds-park-plan-transforms-46-acres-into-soccer-fields-dog-park-greenway/314198001/

Edited by Titans10
  • Like 3

I did an overlay of the Fairgrounds with a stadium site included some months ago. I have now updated it with the City's release of a plan to improve the Fairgrounds in such a way that leaves a footprint for a major, MLS stadium. The stadium shown is an aerial view to scale of the Houston Soccer stadium.

New%20Fairpark%20proposal_zps0t8pjge1.jp

Where is the parking, though?

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I did an overlay of the Fairgrounds with a stadium site included some months ago. I have now updated it with the City's release of a plan to improve the Fairgrounds in such a way that leaves a footprint for a major, MLS stadium. The stadium shown is an aerial view to scale of the Houston Soccer stadium.

New%20Fairpark%20proposal_zps0t8pjge1.jp

Where is the parking, though?

Are they planning on keeping the fairgrounds buildings?

WSMV is reporting that there is a large announcement being made at Nissan Stadium today regarding soccer in Nashville.  The people trying to put an MLS team together and "celebrity guests" will be there on hand as well.  3:30 pm Central.

3 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

WSMV is reporting that there is a large announcement being made at Nissan Stadium today regarding soccer in Nashville.  The people trying to put an MLS team together and "celebrity guests" will be there on hand as well.  3:30 pm Central.

I am quoting myself!

And to add a little speculation to the fire... think about this:  they are making the announcement at Nissan Stadium.  AND Mayor Berry's "just released" plans for the Fairgrounds did NOT include a soccer stadium because she was already aware of Nissan being picked for an MLS location.  Just saying...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

And to add a little speculation to the fire... think about this:  they are making the announcement at Nissan Stadium.  AND Mayor Berry's "just released" plans for the Fairgrounds did NOT include a soccer stadium because she was already aware of Nissan being picked for an MLS location.  Just saying...

Can't imagine Nissan Stadium being a possibility for soccer...longterm.   Pretty sure soccer will need its own stadium.

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Can't imagine Nissan Stadium being a possibility for soccer...longterm.   Pretty sure soccer will need its own stadium.

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I doubt it would be long term but is there a scenario where the Titans would sell land to build at the Nissan site?? 

Just now, Titans10 said:

I doubt it would be long term but is there a scenario where the Titans would sell land to build at the Nissan site?? 

Where else do they have property?  From what I have seen (or heard) the parking directly next to Nissan stadium would be the spot where a new stadium would be built assuming one is built at end of lease.

1 minute ago, TheRaglander said:

Where else do they have property?  From what I have seen (or heard) the parking directly next to Nissan stadium would be the spot where a new stadium would be built assuming one is built at end of lease.

Honestly...it would be wonderful if the new MLS stadium was next to Nissan Stadium (if that could be hammered out).  It just depends on IF the Titans organization has a Plan B on how to build a new football stadium when the time comes.  I absolutely hate the Fairgrounds stadium idea.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Honestly...it would be wonderful if the new MLS stadium was next to Nissan Stadium (if that could be hammered out).  It just depends on IF the Titans organization has a Plan B on how to build a new football stadium when the time comes.  I absolutely hate the Fairgrounds stadium idea.

I agree. It makes so much more sense to build it right next to Nissan, I mean the Titans could play at Vandy for a couple of years if they have to tear down Nissan to build something new, especially if Vandy has a new stadium by then, as long as the MLS stadium gives plenty of room for a Nissan expansion. 

Was that the announcement?? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the organization of this event and Nashville SC, we can't even get some sort of live stream on the internet for this "big announcement." Hell Chattanooga FC live streams things all the time, not to mention so does the local media, Nashville SC needs to step up their media presence if they want to compete with the big boys. 

• Like 1