Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

• 1 month later...

33 minutes ago, gman430 said:

The old Citgo is going to become a parking lot for the Greenville Drive ticket holders this season. lol. Sad. 

The scuttlebutt is that we'll see a new proposal in the coming months for this site. The parking must be temporary until the design work/permitting is complete (which will likely be after baseball season). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

The scuttlebutt is that we'll see a new proposal in the coming months for this site. The parking must be temporary until the design work/permitting is complete (which will likely be after baseball season). 

I’ll believe it when I see it. Five years from now the site will look the same. 

47 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. Five years from now the site will look the same. 

Be on the lookout for the agendas of the upcoming Project Preview Meetings. It may not get built, but ideas are being thought up and money is being spent. 

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

How is any large scale development of the old Citgo site going to affect or be affected by the soon coming road diet of Pendleton St ?

I'm sure the developers were aware of the pending plans. If they weren't then they didn't do their due diligence. 

1 hour ago, GVLprogrowth said:

Why would you lose revenue? They wont be building on Pendleton. Think about all the workers on site that will be needing full bellies! 

The road diet that is supposed to start in 4 months and last 8 months will cause considerable traffic congestion and disruption.OJ's is dependant on a large amount of their revenue on drive in business.The city also hasn't thought about cars blocking the side walk and bicycle lane as they try to turn on to Pendleton St.In the long run with less lanes available during rush hours it will push traffic unto adjacent streets like Perry,much more so if any new large scale development traffic is added to the mix. 

Edited by Dino C Hassiotis
Grammar

I think you should be more concerned with your latest DHEC rating rather than a road improvement project: 

“OJ’S Diner on Pendleton Street in Greenville received a score on 85, B.

Food debris and grime was seen on the blade of a manual can opener, turkey in the buffet line was not being kept at the proper temperature and no temperature measuring devices were on hand.

Washed pans were wet stacked on shelving and cement cinder blocks served as shelving support for the prep table. Grime and grease were seen in the washer and other equipment such as the walk-in cooler shelving and walls, cooking equipment sides and backs, shelving on cook line, hot holding cabinet doors, gaskets and handles, gaskets of refrigeration units, portable hot holding cabinets and walls of facility and on the floor of cook line under equipment.”

Source: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article287293975.html?tbref=hp

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

I think you should be more concerned with your latest DHEC rating rather than a road improvement project: 

“OJ’S Diner on Pendleton Street in Greenville received a score on 85, B.

Food debris and grime was seen on the blade of a manual can opener, turkey in the buffet line was not being kept at the proper temperature and no temperature measuring devices were on hand.

Washed pans were wet stacked on shelving and cement cinder blocks served as shelving support for the prep table. Grime and grease were seen in the washer and other equipment such as the walk-in cooler shelving and walls, cooking equipment sides and backs, shelving on cook line, hot holding cabinet doors, gaskets and handles, gaskets of refrigeration units, portable hot holding cabinets and walls of facility and on the floor of cook line under equipment.”

Source: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article287293975.html?tbref=hp

You have mistaken me for the owner of OJ's dinner,My brother and I own the building and the property.We have no ownership of the business nor do we control it's running on any basis.The road diet is and will continue to be a  concern for us and our tenants.

1 hour ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

You have mistaken me for the owner of OJ's dinner,My brother and I own the building and the property.We have no ownership of the business nor do we control it's running on any basis.The road diet is and will continue to be a  concern for us and our tenants.

What objective support do you have that a road diet will be detrimental? 

One  study found: "Quantitative data do not support the notion that road diets lower surrounding local businesses and property values. Opposition to road diets on economic grounds therefore appears unfounded."  (emphasis added). See: https://nacto.org/docs/usdg/yorkblvd_mccormick.pdf

If it's "just your gut" telling you this then go find measured support for your theory. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ingvegas said:

What objective support do you have that a road diet will be detrimental? 

One  study found: "Quantitative data do not support the notion that road diets lower surrounding local businesses and property values. Opposition to road diets on economic grounds therefore appears unfounded."  (emphasis added). See: https://nacto.org/docs/usdg/yorkblvd_mccormick.pdf

If it's "just your gut" telling you this then go find measured support for your theory. 

How would you like to have traffic disrupted in front of your business for 8 months if you depend on drive in business.My common sense tells me that's not good, I don't have to go find any more data to tell me that.

46 minutes ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

How would you like to have traffic disrupted in front of your business for 8 months if you depend on drive in business.My common sense tells me that's not good, I don't have to go find any more data to tell me that.

Is your solution to have no construction? All across the country construction happens and the world still turns and businesses find ways to conduct their business. Continual progress is the way the world works.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Is your solution to have no construction? All across the country construction happens and the world still turns and businesses find ways to conduct their business. Continual progress is the way the world works.

My idea is that construction occurs for a valid reason not as a vanity project that accomplishes nothing but spending taxpayers money.Is the city going to  compensate our tenants for lost revenue? Does the city expect us to subsidize our tenants if there is a shortfall in revenue to pay the rent?Will the city of Greenville give us tax relief or pay my mortgage?

1 minute ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

Yes,A useless vanity project 

That's just false. Sorry that your business is in an area where people want to walk and bike. I hope you understand afterwards that this makes it safer for customers to actually go to your business without needing an expensive car.

You 

1 minute ago, timbach said:

That's just false. Sorry that your business is in an area where people want to walk and bike. I hope you understand afterwards that this makes it safer for customers to actually go to your business without needing an expensive car.

You try to go to a drive through restaurant without a car?All downtown businesses don't depend on exclusively walkup or local customers 

Just now, Dino C Hassiotis said:

You try to go to a drive through restaurant without a car?All downtown businesses don't depend on exclusively walkup or local customers 

Show me where on the plans they're turning this into a pedestrian mall with no car access....