Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet

Paramount747

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Looks nice...but you have to take an elevator to get to the lobby?  I don't understand why they would build new construction and not have a first floor lobby.

I’ve stayed in many large city hotels where you take an elevator to the lobby. Residence Inn Chicago (River North area) is one that comes to mind right away.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, titanhog said:

0.jpg

This is a great photo, but I must confess an unpopular opinion: I don't like the rope lighting thing on downtown buildings. It looks gaudy and it ruins the elegant geometric beauty of the actual building, lit subtly by its interior light. There's something magical about the engineering of a modern high-rise, and the awareness that each glowing window represents a human space. The neon outline thing stomps all over that and instead brings to mind a college dorm room or a seedy car dealership.

Thank you, this has been my old man moment.

• Like 1

It seems that every new downtown building has a giant monolithic space to house a large restaurant. You've got to think at some point when Nashville's high-end restaurant boom starts to peak (if it hasn't already) that many of these building will have to convert or subdivide these spaces to other uses, e.g. smaller eateries, shops, services, etc. I happen to think that's a good thing, assuming I'm right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, bnacincy said:

That Now Hiring sign gives me a chuckle...I'm in the hospitality business up here in Cincy and from what I was hearing from my old bosses back in Nashville the staffing situation is a nightmare down there.

Anyway, I'll check it out next time I'm home!

In what way? Just too much competition,  jobs don't pay enough?

• 1 month later...

I'm don't like to complain about stuff, I'm as pro-growth as it gets, but I work downtown and something is going on with this hotel's garage entry. Either it is poorly run or poorly designed.  Several times this week in the a.m. during rush hour they've had 8th Ave backed up by taking out an entire lane with cars  either trying to get into the garage or waiting to be valeted. Hope this is a temporary thing as kinks are worked out.

Edited by DDIG