Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille has opened in 11,000 sq. ft. at 5028 Aspen Drive in the McEwen Northside Development near Cool Springs. It can seat up to 350 guests. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/02/26/perrys-steakhouse-grille-cool-springs-now-open.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.26.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.26.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.27.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.27.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.27.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.27.44 AM.png

• Like 4

I know they ae looking into the legality of this and I did see this the other day. I looked at other cities and found that this has been used in other places and not faced any legal challenge, but who knows this is Tennessee. The laws in each state are different and can be interpreted differently and in this state, the legislature sides with the big money and against municipalities. Eventually that will backfire. At some point the big ole pendulum will take a swing back the other way.

LoanOak Distribution Center (3 buildings with combined 900,000 sq. ft.of warehouse space on 60 acres) is being proposed for Wilson County's Gladeville area on Lone Oak Rd. near I-840.  It is receiving some opposition from local residents.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2021/03/03/industrial-complex-proposal-wilson-county-faces-opposition/4512372001/

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.45.12 AM.png

Ascend Federal Credit Union has opened its 3 story, 18,000 sq. ft. regional operations center at 1524 Williams Dr. in Murfreesboro.  100 employees will work there. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/05/ascend-federal-credit-union-opens-operations-hub.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.02.38 PM.png

^ ^ ^ Perhaps, but absolutely nothing  truly compares to Red Rocks.  I've seen many shows there and it is one of the most spectacular sounding and looking venues in the world. 

I'm afraid with a solid 100' wall at the back of this quarry to go along with only a slight incline in the seating there is going to be atrocious audio slap-back.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Perhaps, but absolutely nothing  truly compares to Red Rocks.  I've seen many shows there and it is one of the most spectacular sounding and looking venues in the world. 

I'm afraid with a solid 100' wall at the back of this quarry to go along with only a slight incline in the seating there is going to be atrocious audio slap-back.

There's only so much a competent FoH Engineer can do for something like that, and guys like that are old-school and HARD to come by these days. I echo your sentiment, Mark.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

I would think so too, but a friend in the industry tells me Live Nation and Clair Brothers have done multiple sound tests there with full PA systems.   LN wouldn’t do this if the venue wasn’t up to their standards.    Having said that, I do wonder what the temperature will be like down in that hole in August.  :tw_cry:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Glenbrook Village (multiple 5 and 3 story structures, 297 residential units, 73,000 sq. ft. retail, courtyards, green space) will break ground this summer on  23 acres next to Glenbrook Shopping Center in Hendersonville.  The developer is Vastland Communities. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2021/03/16/mixed-use-development-rising-hendersonville/4599881001/

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 6.59.29 AM.png

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. A few years back this same developer ( Vastland) promised to build the largest retail and mixed use  area between Nashville and Knoxville in Lebanon, even was going to have a 10,000 seat arena and ice center. We got a Boot barn and Logan’s steakhouse. So is it Vastland that dropped the ball or is it once again the incompetence and NIMBY attitude of the old establishment running Lebanon and Wilson County. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Glenbrook Village (multiple 5 and 3 story structures, 297 residential units, 73,000 sq. ft. retail, courtyards, green space) will break ground this summer on  23 acres next to Glenbrook Shopping Center in Hendersonville.  The developer is Vastland Communities. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2021/03/16/mixed-use-development-rising-hendersonville/4599881001/

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 6.59.29 AM.png

Is it really going to have a Safeway?  The only Safeway locations east of the Mississippi are in the DC-Baltimore corridor.