Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

10 hours ago, downtownresident said:

The MSA has been on fire this week. GM CEO and Gov Lee to announce a 2.4 billion investment in the Spring Hill auto plant tomorrow. 2.8 million square feet, 1300 full time jobs:

https://twitter.com/nshbizsichko/status/1382750000942309382

That place went from shutdown a few years ago…to this.  Awesome news!

• Like 3

I haven't seen this previously mentioned:  the State Fair is more than likely moving to Wilson County; anyone else seen/heard this bit of news?  The governor's FY 21-22 proposed budget includes $5.3 million to move the state fair to Lebanon.  I was told there is some bickering about what to call the proposed event...the folks in Wilson County want it called the "Tennessee State Fair at Wilson County Fairgrounds," or some iteration with Wilson County in the name.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 3

They have been talking about this for a while and have said Wilson Cty is where they want to go. I have not followed it close enough to remember if it made the news as a done deal. Frankly I am glad they are doing it. It really makes no difference to me because I do not partake. It’s good for Wilson and good to get it out of Nashville IMO as it was not really a good location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tragenvol said:

I haven't seen this previously mentioned:  the State Fair is more than likely moving to Wilson County; anyone else seen/heard this bit of news?  The governor's FY 21-22 proposed budget includes $5.3 million to move the state fair to Lebanon.  I was told there is some bickering about what to call the proposed event...the folks in Wilson County want it called the "Tennessee State Fair at Wilson County Fairgrounds," or some iteration with Wilson County in the name.

This needs to be done.  I'm sure the local leaders in Lebanon would love to have the name Lebanon or Wilson County included in the name of the fair, but who cares?  Lebanon and Wilson County will definitely reap the rewards of having the state fair at their large and impressive fairgrounds.  This should've happened a long time ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

This needs to be done.  I'm sure the local leaders in Lebanon would love to have the name Lebanon or Wilson County included in the name of the fair, but who cares?  Lebanon and Wilson County will definitely reap the rewards of having the state fair at their large and impressive fairgrounds.  This should've happened a long time ago.

I'm all for it being the "Tennessee State Fair at Wilson County Fairgrounds" it just needs to happen ASAP. Wilson County makes so much more sense than the current situation.

• Like 3

To me, they should have the Wilson County fair for about 10 days…and then on day 11 starts the TN state fair.  They bring in some even bigger and newer rides in an additional section of the fairgrounds to make the state fair a bit bigger and “new” from the county fair.  The state fair then lasts 14 days.

Of course, they may not want to have a 24 day fair…but at least they could preserve the Wilson County fair AND gain the clout of having the state fair.

The Marketplace at Savannah Ridge (24 acres at U.S. Hwy 31 and Joe B. Jackson Parkway in Murfreesboro) has gotten underway.  It will feature an Aldi Grocery as its anchor tenant, and should be open by this November.  BSM Properties is the developer, and MJM Architects is in charge of design. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/technology/of-note-23-april-2021/article_898ed2c4-a3ba-11eb-9d1a-ff9163cf6409.html

• Like 1

Multiple housing developments are being proposed for Lebanon:

- Hickory Knoll will feature an initial 92 homes and a subsequent 300 on 121 acres on Hickory Ridge Dr.

- Bethlehem Ridge will be 170 homes on 111 acres on Bethlehem Rd. 

- Campbell Place is a townhome 225 unit project on 23 acres at North Castle Heights.

- Lamott Townhomes will feature 217 units on 27 acres on Callis Rd.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2021/04/23/lebanon-new-homes-plans-submitted-1-300-homes-multiple-developments/7327183002/

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 5.46.47 AM.png

• Like 2

Northtown Gardens (360 apts.) is underway in Mt. Juliet on west side of Nonaville Rd. near Lebanon Rd. Additional growth happening in that neighborhood.

More behind TheTennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2021/04/29/north-mt-juliet-nonaville-road-development-800-homes-approved/7308377002/

Photo courtesy of Andy Humbles at The Tennessean:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.25.29 AM.png

• Like 3

Good! Glad this controversy is over and now the SOF people can go away to WilCo and bother them when they decide t move it somewhere else. Now we can stop calling the fairgrounds the fairgrounds and call it something else, unless of course there will be a Davison County Fair there.:alc:

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Good! Glad this controversy is over and now the SOF people can go away to WilCo and bother them when they decide t move it somewhere else. Now we can stop calling the fairgrounds the fairgrounds and call it something else, unless of course there will be a Davison County Fair there.:alc:

Metro is legally obligated to hold a fair there, so it will still be “fairgrounds.”

I realize lengthening a fair to like 3 weeks would probably be too much…but I hate to see the Wilson County Fair not have its own time before the state fair happens.  I was hoping they would have the Wilson Co fair for a few days…and then roll into the the state fair with added attractions.  Combining them seems a bit odd…even though I definitely think the state fair should be there.

• Like 1