Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Not to be critical, but being critical , just kidding. The Fifth Plus Broad project is not in there either.

I have no clue as to how to use photo shop. so kudos for the picture.

They left out the Bridgestone, also. I think they don't want to promote their competition in these renderings, sometimes. I just tried to get the highlights.

I use PowerPoint, BTW.

3 hours ago, Dale said:

But it’s the developers moreso than the city, right ? 

No, many times its the stupid height restrictions in place, the set backs required and the downtown codes department a well.  The height restrictions here are archaic and much of the fault goes back to Rick Bernhardt the former head of planning. He wanted everything to stairstep from the river and not let the market do its thing.  Some of this happening despite that but there are a lot of restrictions all over the core that is confusing and unnecessary.

Forgot to mention MDHA, that has no business in the development of downtown any longer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

No, many times its the stupid height restrictions in place, the set backs required and the downtown codes department a well.  The height restrictions here are archaic and much of the fault goes back to Rick Bernhardt the former head of planning. He wanted everything to stairstep from the river and not let the market do its thing.  Some of this happening despite that but there are a lot of restrictions all over the core that is confusing and unnecessary.

Forgot to mention MDHA, that has no business in the development of downtown any longer.

Then do we know if the 32 story tower (that might increase) has been approved at that height ?

That's an open question as I have heard they may get unlimited status there.

Now River North got the downtown code overlay which means they can go up to 30 or 35. Somewhere in that neighborhood on that side of the river.

Hopefully you can see that we do get to be cynical to a certain degree as the only place with unlimited height is the CBD and most of those lots have buildings on them, so we have issues getting a new tallest here.

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That's an open question as I have heard they may get unlimited status there.

Now River North got the downtown code overlay which means they can go up to 30 or 35. Somewhere in that neighborhood on that side of the river.

Hopefully you can see that we do get to be cynical to a certain degree as the only place with unlimited height is the CBD and most of those lots have buildings on them, so we have issues getting a new tallest here.

I do get it. Thanks for the clarification. If it’s any consolation, my former city of Orlando has been mired at 441’ for 26 years. A 475-footer is now under review and skyscraper buffs down there are biting their nails. 

• Like 3

In the best way possible, I would like to invite all the naysayers during the early days of this thread to please use ketchup when eating their ‘crow’! ; )

my source was totally 100% correct on every aspect of this development. He said the ‘cross’ tower was to be imploded, said the art deco building would not survive, and the biggest Gem was when he told me/us the hotel would be a Grand Hyatt ....  he is a bankable source.

now excuse me while Intake him out for drinks to try and get any new info. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/15/exclusive-amazon-anchored-development-upgrades-to.html

nashville_bound

Per my contact -" it will be a Grand Hyatt or a Park Hyatt. The hotel will be THE destination hotel for luxury in Nashville." His information has been spot on over the last 2 years...including taking down the 'cross' tower and the art deco building... of course until an official announcement it is speculation.

Edited September 25, 2017 by nashville_bound
Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

In the best way possible, I would like to invite all the naysayers during the early days of this thread to please use ketchup when eating their ‘crow’! ; )

my source was totally 100% correct on every aspect of this development. He said the ‘cross’ tower was to be imploded, said the art deco building would not survive, and the biggest Gem was when he told me/us the hotel would be a Grand Hyatt ....  he is a bankable source.

giphy.gif

haha....sorry, had to!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

So would Amazon be buying the building or property from the developer? Or would they be leasing it? Wasn't sure how that works

Yeah...I was wondering what their "$250 Million" deal was going towards.  Is that the price of the buildings they'll be in?  Or will the developer own the building and lease?