Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

54 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

It's already on the 27th floor and is supposed to be taller than the Pinnacle? I don't see how.

From my calculations, with the "fins" at the top, it will be equal to about 7 more floors.  That should place the finished height just below the arm of the closest crane.  Take the portion that doesn't yet have glass and double it and that should be close to the final height.

Edited by titanhog

I'm beginning to think that the actually height of this tower was misquoted--I simply don't see how it ends up 43ft. taller than the Pinnacle building at this point. It would need to add 100ft.+ from where it is now with only three floors and some fins left to construct. Perhaps the 460ft. stated height is not from ground level, but from the foundation level? Or maybe it's just a combination of odd perspectives in the photos?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

Damn I remember when everybody was worried about the height a week ago....looked very short.

The way I've been calculating the height is looking at the original render and counting the floors above the "notch"...which comes out to about 19 (when you include the fins).  In this photo above, it appears we're starting on floor 14 above the notch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Philip said:

I love the way 2nd Ave Partners looks, but I really hate to see those old brick buildings become even more rare. I wish they would demolish a warehouse or gas station or stand alone fast food in the area instead.

They're not that old and up close they look like the pancake pantry.  Plus they have a large surface parking lot.  I don't consider them much of a loss.

apts_zpshh82x0lf.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...