Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

So I’m assuming this project is dead. No longer hearing anything about it, and they haven’t posted anything on Facebook since  Halloween . It was a long shot at best, I guess they realized that they just didn’t have what it takes. The only hope was Pat Emery being involved, and seems when he passed , they didn’t have a leg to stand on. Does anyone know where they actually were planning to build?

They sure have lost some momentum, thats for sure. I do not look for Six Flags to come in. Their new CEO is making some blunders right and may end up bankrupting the company if he is not careful.

Disney made the right move bringing Iger back in. Cedar Fair is doing well so that is our best bet if we can a real amusement park.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, smeagolsfree said:

They sure have lost some momentum, thats for sure. I do not look for Six Flags to come in. Their new CEO is making some blunders right and may end up bankrupting the company if he is not careful.

Disney made the right move bringing Iger back in. Cedar Fair is doing well so that is our best bet if we can a real amusement park.

Yep! Great move by Disney, atleast short term. Hopefully Chapek eventual replacement will be a good pick. Don't get me wrong, Iger made some bad decisions that still impact the business to this day. But Chapek was destroying both streaming and park business.

As for Storyville, I bet a theme park is a tough sell right now in a market that doesn't have a huge draw already. (IE Universal building Epic Universe) So many unknowns when it comes to the economy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn’t checked Storyville’s YouTube in awhile, but looks like they made a 3 & a half min video about a month ago, talking about the park’s connection to reading and it does feature some concept art, mostly previous stuff though. It’s good to see them trying progress the park further, Nashville could rlly use a park and personally I think something immersive like this would suite the city’s charm better than the corporate mess of something like SixFlags. Who knows we might even have this built in half a decade or so if we’re lucky!

Edited by Natti_amusements
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m still holding out hope, that this project comes to fruition. I still believe whatever momentum they had, got steamrolled when Pat Emery passed. I’m sure they were sadden and taken off guard, as we all were of the news. As pointed out, Construction Journal has updated this project on their site, and it appears that a GC has been selected. I’m still a bit baffled that a big name hasn’t latched on to this , really thought that Dolly and her company would entertain the idea. It fits so well with her agenda to help kids read. And her desire to have a park of some type in the Nashville area. To me a collaborative project between Guerrier, Herschend (Dollywood) , and Ryman (For the Hotels and entertainment) would succeed and flourish. I know it’s a tough sell for a ground up theme park, but we all know the tourists level in this area would be there to make the numbers work. Build it and they will come!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s been some discussion on reddit over the past couple of weeks regarding the possibility of the Nashville Zoo getting a Vekoma Family Boomerang Racer roller coaster. This would be the first of its kind in the United States, although Boomerangs more broadly are fairly ubiquitous. Interestingly, it seems that Dollywood may have some involvement. https://panjiva.com/Vekoma-Rides-Mfg-B-V/1306668

Currently there is one in the Netherlands. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Winter Panda said:

I don't disagree. It's definitely a family coaster.

Actually now that you call it a family coaster, it kind of clicked for me.  That'd be the perfect addition to a zoo (if a zoo is looking to add a coaster)... sort of like a mini train, or something.

Coaster enthusiasts unite! I never thought the Zoo would be the place to bring coasters back to Nashville, but it makes sense — just look at Busch Gardens Tampa, SeaWorld, etc.

6 hours ago, Winter Panda said:

Interestingly, it seems that Dollywood may have some involvement. https://panjiva.com/Vekoma-Rides-Mfg-B-V/1306668

Those are most likely for Dollywood's new-for-2023 Big Bear Mountain coaster (also from Vekoma) under construction: https://www.coaster101.com/2022/12/04/big-bear-mountain-construction-update-december-2022/#:~:text=Big Bear Mountain construction is,I was at the park.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VSRJ said:

Those are most likely for Dollywood's new-for-2023 Big Bear Mountain coaster (also from Vekoma) under construction: https://www.coaster101.com/2022/12/04/big-bear-mountain-construction-update-december-2022/#:~:text=Big Bear Mountain construction is,I was at the park.

That makes more sense. The panjiva website is a little confusing if you don't have an account (which I don't). If you select the Bill of Lading next to the Nashville Zoo, it takes you to the most recently posted Bill of Lading which is the unrelated Dollywood project. 

• Like 1