Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

Maybe I'm late to the game here and this has already been discussed, but did they consider that the location most associated with the term "Storyville" is the old red light district of New Orleans? Not exactly the first name that I'd want to come to mind if I'm trying to build a family friendly theme park... :tw_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 8:57 AM, smeagolsfree said:

It's been coming soon for two years and still no location and these developers are very small developers after waiting all that time. I have been waiting to see them pull off a decent development in Nashville and they have not even done that, and I am frankly now very skeptical about anything they post. 

The only thing I have seen them do are some townhomes off of Ashland City Hwy. and it has taken a long time to get those done. TBH, I do not think they have the bakers or the money to pull it off. The thing that was posted a while back said they have 700 acres, but we know they have not bought it otherwise it would have hit the news. Land prices right now have taken a dip a little but not a lot. Folks are just holding out for the interest rates to drop and that will be a couple of years more than likely. Interest rates on construction loans have more than doubled, so that means these folks have had to raise even more money or they have lost some backers.

I am at the point now that I will believe it when I see it. If they started today, it will be at least three more years before they open. They are now over a year behind schedule according to the NBJ articles and interviews they did in 2021.

Originally, DeLisa, the project’s lead, says construction should begin in mid-2022. and is targeting a 2025 opening.

Yeah, I agree with this overall. 

My opinion on what could end up happening, is this will be a much smaller, scaled back attraction, that will be similar to the size of smaller shopping center, or a very large playground. Think Great Wolf Lodge scale, or something to that effect.

It doesn't sound like they will be able to pull off a park to play in the sandbox with even the mid-sized theme parks like Santa Claus Land in Indiana or something like "The Island" in Pigeon Forge. 

It would be cool to see this succeed, but it seems super delayed, already.

Couple screenshots off of the design company ( Storyland Studios,California) website. These are new images, showing the District and new surroundings. Can anyone make anything out of this location? I’m still holding out hope that they have regrouped with new development partners, and are holding out until all the T’s are crossed and I’s are dotted, to announce anything. Sorry for my crude downloads, I’m not tech savvy.

IMG_8687.png

IMG_8685.png

IMG_8683.png

IMG_8684.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Nothing since their August 31st 2023 post on their Facebook page. The message then was stay tuned for exciting news coming soon, with a new image of the main entrance. They said that they were teaming up with heavy hitters Forrec and Piza Golf and they were closing on 700 acres soon . Then it’s like they fell off of the planet! Nothing not a peep no social media post nada.

• Like 1

My thought on this project is that sadly it may well be dead. The developers were never forthcoming with information from the start and rarely spoke to the media. Still no public land buy and radio silence.

The project is not on Forrec's website either.

Storyville Gardens Phase 1 (constructionjournal.com) As of December 2023 This project is delayed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Nothing since their August 31st 2023 post on their Facebook page. The message then was stay tuned for exciting news coming soon, with a new image of the main entrance. They said that they were teaming up with heavy hitters Forrec and Piza Golf and they were closing on 700 acres soon . Then it’s like they fell off of the planet! Nothing not a peep no social media post nada.

Off the planet is a fine location IMO.

I heard from a recent connection that there was a land deal in place but was never finalized due to no-show at the closing. That would be a ton of sunken costs to walk away from, but if you don't have the lemons you can't even make lemonade. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I hadn’t checked in on this project for a while however I stumbled across this video posted by Forecc only a couple days ago for Storyville Gardens Resort. Features some nice stuff on the surrounding aspects of the project. I know Forrec was mentioned working on this project awhile back don’t know if they still are however. Also just listened to a podcast where the developer mentions working with Falcon Group but overall I don’t know how the project is trekking. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/HymzdMeD81Q8KrSy/?mibextid=WC7FNe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for this info, not sure how solid this all is. But given the fact that this was posted on For Rec’s facebook only 6 days ago, maybe there’s something to it. It appears to be that ForRec will be just responsible for the hospitality side of things, including a Conference hotel and a water park hotel. No images of the theme park other then a colored out section that states “ Theme Park “ appearing in the video. If this is definitely still in the works , they are showing a site plan in video that is for sure the property in Lebanon along I-40 . Let’s hope that something comes out of this , and soon !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is still not on  ForRec's website even if you do a search.

Again, it has been almost three years since the announcement of this project with the construction start of mid 2022. We have yet to get even a location of the project. It is in trouble. I think at this point it will be a miracle if they pull it off. They have missed deadline after deadline, not to mention radio silence from the developers releasing little tidbits to keep the hope alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is still not on  ForRec's website even if you do a search.

Again, it has been almost three years since the announcement of this project with the construction start of mid 2022. We have yet to get even a location of the project. It is in trouble. I think at this point it will be a miracle if they pull it off. They have missed deadline after deadline, not to mention radio silence from the developers releasing little tidbits to keep the hope alive.

Fishing with a stick, a string and a safety pin IMO.  They will be lucky to catch bait.

• Thanks 1

At this point it’s obviously taken with a grain of salt, but ForRec did apparently sign on only last summer. So for them to have a detailed site plan as the video shows, should mean that something is moving along. I really don’t think they would waste one penny or one minute on a dead project, I checked with my realtor friend and that Lebanon property is still under contract from the same entity from 2021. ForRec is a large global player, with highly successful projects and if they are involved as it seems they are, then there’s a chance that something is brewing. The actual Theme park looks like it’s been condensed to a much smaller footprint, and this is evolving into a destination resort 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there any way to post the video on here without Facebook. I am not on any kind of social media including the evil know as FB, so I have no access to it. I was on Twitter or X or whatever it is but am now off of that platform. I just use my time otherwise and that includes watching sports as I do not watch sports in any way shape or form. I have a friend that use to be that way and now he has a gambling problem.

Not really tech savvy here myself, as I’ve proven over and over again. I just clicked on the link above that our friend Natti_amusements posted and was able to view it. You’re able to go frame by frame by touching the time bar on bottom.