Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

14 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

That’s the third time in the last few weeks, that someone has mentioned this. Now what makes it interesting is a couple of things , all at different times and most likely not related. But back in March when the NBJ article ran about the possibility of Lebanon as a possible site for Storyville, the Mayor mentioned it at the next City Council meeting. Of course he just said he couldn’t talk about it , without saying any names. Just that the city would definitely be giving them incentives. But he went on to say that there was a Second huge development in the works , that he definitely could not talk about. ( why he brought it up , was strange) then two weeks later , a City Council member was heard saying something about all the new hotels and restaurants that will be coming soon. Now within the last couple weeks I found out that a 1,400 acre property with over a mile of I-40 frontage is now under contract. Then a friend of mine ,was at the last Chamber meeting and was told that within the next 30 days there’s going to be a Hugh development announcement for Lebanon, that will change the city. 

Right!  It sure looks like that's Storyville. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Now within the last couple weeks I found out that a 1,400 acre property with over a mile of I-40 frontage is now under contract.

Was this supposed to say 140 acres? That is the figure that has been tossed around previously. 1,400 acres is a crap ton of land!! Be that I really only being utilized for SFH out that way. 

25 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Was this supposed to say 140 acres? That is the figure that has been tossed around previously. 1,400 acres is a crap ton of land!! Be that I really only being utilized for SFH out that way. 

Nope, it’s not a typo. It’s 1400 acres, at the Linwood road exit. Offered by Cushman & Wakefield , now listed as under contract. It is a Lebanon address but sits outside of city limits, so any permits or zoning will be done though Wilson County. I tried to look into it a bit, but Wilson is hard to navigate and I’ve been busy as of late .

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, Luvemtall said:

Nope, it’s not a typo. It’s 1400 acres, at the Linwood road exit. Offered by Cushman & Wakefield , now listed as under contract. It is a Lebanon address but sits outside of city limits, so any permits or zoning will be done though Wilson County. I tried to look into it a bit, but Wilson is hard to navigate and I’ve been busy as of late .

Think this is a part of that?

https://assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx (hopefully this link works)

2 hours ago, satalac said:

Think this is a part of that?

https://assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx (hopefully this link works)

Not quite sure what it might be. There’s rumors of a major development that might be in the works for the Lebanon area, and this particular property has been on the market for many years. Now it’s being listed as under contract, and I know it was listed in the tens of millions of dollars. I really don’t think someone would be spending that kind of money to keep it ag and raise cows. 1400 acres is a lot of space , I would think it would need to be a pretty big project. What that might be remains the mystery.  It might be nothing, but I’m hoping that it will be something.

• Like 1

Yes, that appears to be right. The listing had it at 1,386 acres, but they might have included additional acreage somewhere along the line. That is a good chunk of land, rolling hills and nice views. Not sure what it could develop into, some ideas would be a huge planned community, or another industrial park similar to what’s being built near the SuperSpeedway, a far fetched idea of another automobile manufacturer building a battery plant / electric vehicles plant. Or just land banking it for now. As I mentioned, not sure exactly what’s going on, just that it sat for sale for many years ( checked the listing often) and now it’s saying it’s under contract…. Just curious.

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Yes, that appears to be right. The listing had it at 1,386 acres, but they might have included additional acreage somewhere along the line. That is a good chunk of land, rolling hills and nice views. Not sure what it could develop into, some ideas would be a huge planned community, or another industrial park similar to what’s being built near the SuperSpeedway, a far fetched idea of another automobile manufacturer building a battery plant / electric vehicles plant. Or just land banking it for now. As I mentioned, not sure exactly what’s going on, just that it sat for sale for many years ( checked the listing often) and now it’s saying it’s under contract…. Just curious.

Industrial use is not likely. Since the site is rolling, the grading costs would be too high, and perhaps it is not even served by sewer/water, gas, etc. TVA would likely need a large upgrade if it is a heavy electric power user. 

• Like 1

So if there is a potential sale forthcoming for this particular 1200-1400 acres, what kind of thoughts are you all thinking would be the possibilities? Is it just a land bank situation or does anyone see potential large scale development?  It is correct that as of now, there’s no utilities at the site. However they are available right across I-40 to the north. I’m curious, because this is the exit I use daily as my homestead is just a few miles from this location. 

8 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Found this under the agents website , might be a insight as to maybe the plans for the above mentioned property. Read the paragraph about the 1000+ acres project he is currently working on 

B2CAE374-071C-4E17-B6A2-B83AAE518BCE.png

That's kinda what I figured it would be.  Some retail near the interstate…apartments…and then a large single family home development around a golf course.

• Like 3

I agree they need to be more exciting in their reveals. These little B & W drawing do nothing for me or anyone that is a roller coaster enthusiast or a theme park enthusiast. Small reveals like this are more of a letdown than anything.

They need to get off their can and get the announcement out there instead of teasers. We all know this is coming and little tidbits like this on their Facebook account make them look amateurish. They have never done a Themepark before and they have a PR firm which they are not using. Thats is a problem a lot of these first-time developers or narcissistic developers do is they do not utilize their PR firms at all or the right way. They spend all the money, and it is wasted as the main developer is trying to do it themselves. I am not saying the developer is a narcissist in anyway as they look like good people. I think they may be in a little over their heads right now and maybe a little overwhelmed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree they need to be more exciting in their reveals. These little B & W drawing do nothing for me or anyone that is a roller coaster enthusiast or a theme park enthusiast. Small reveals like this are more of a letdown than anything.

They need to get off their can and get the announcement out there instead of teasers. We all know this is coming and little tidbits like this on their Facebook account make them look amateurish. They have never done a Themepark before and they have a PR firm which they are not using. Thats is a problem a lot of these first-time developers or narcissistic developers do is they do not utilize their PR firms at all or the right way. They spend all the money, and it is wasted as the main developer is trying to do it themselves. I am not saying the developer is a narcissist in anyway as they look like good people. I think they may be in a little over their heads right now and maybe a little overwhelmed.

You’re definitely right on that one. The promotion of the park isn’t prominent enough, especially considering it looks likely that it’ll open someday or another. I was waiting several days for that announcement, and I would have been really disappointed with that single picture if they didn’t surprise me with a proper B&M like they did. Hopefully once they get their feet of the ground with construction, they can show more detailed looks at the attractions, but I think it might take a year or so to get to that point.

59 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

Construction Journal is saying Storyville “Phase One” is in Nashville-Davison County, with ground breaking not starting until spring 2023?! Sounds like they might be building this in stages.

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/5b47fe5fba61482ab9df419f4f898995.html

A50F2E01-3B66-4C59-9501-19E66EA2972F.png

That's just the zip code for their attorney offices lol

32 minutes ago, lmc123 said:

That's just the zip code for their attorney offices lol

But Still, the fact that they aren’t ground breaking until sometime early next year, and that they might be constructing in phases, means it’ll be a fair few years until this project is fully finished. Let’s just hope they get a move on and start giving the public some insight into the attractions and stuff before then.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, titanhog said:

I have a feeling that as this thing comes together, the owners of the park are going to learn they’ll need more and more exciting rides to go with the “learning” portions of the park.  Dollywood didn’t start out with the most exciting of rides…but over the years, has added more and more things to attract wider audiences.  Storyville will hopefully do the same thing.  I think they can keep their original intent AND bring in more people by bridging the gap with exciting rides.

Agree.  Disney, the king of "learn-tainment",  had to completely scale back the learning that was EPCOT and turn those attractions into something that drew better crowds.  I just don't love the idea of the learning theme.  Maybe that's a way to get sponsors?

Dollywood is an incredible park IMO.  But she continues to lean a little more on family attractions versus thrill... which is fine.  The video of their new family coaster "Big Bear Mountain" looks *fun* but not "OMG IM GOING TO THROW UP!"  :)

Edit: I would add the Wild Eagle is one of the best coasters I have experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFb5wzjAo8w

Edited by TheRaglander
  • Like 2

Again I think a lot of people are missing the point of view , that Storyville Gardens is about. We as adults are always thinking in terms of what we would like, and how’s it going to benefit our lives and desires. Sure the trill rides are cool, and the more intense the better, for those that seek that. This parks whole idea, is to make reading fun, to put the imagination of children to work to want to  pick up a book and read to gain that sense of knowledge. It’s really not about what’s best for us adults, although I fully believe there’s going to be some rides that will fit that bill. Sometimes there has to be things that cater to the children and people that really don’t what the hustle of “adult “ entertainment. I truly believe, this park can be successful and attract the crowds that are at its core audience and will fill a hole of good family entertainment. Everything can’t be geared towards the let’s get drunk and raise some hell , give me the thrills crowd. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Again I think a lot of people are missing the point of view , that Storyville Gardens is about. We as adults are always thinking in terms of what we would like, and how’s it going to benefit our lives and desires. Sure the trill rides are cool, and the more intense the better, for those that seek that. This parks whole idea, is to make reading fun, to put the imagination of children to work to want to  pick up a book and read to gain that sense of knowledge. It’s really not about what’s best for us adults, although I fully believe there’s going to be some rides that will fit that bill. Sometimes there has to be things that cater to the children and people that really don’t what the hustle of “adult “ entertainment. I truly believe, this park can be successful and attract the crowds that are at its core audience and will fill a hole of good family entertainment. Everything can’t be geared towards the let’s get drunk and raise some hell , give me the thrills crowd. 

I think this "storyville" image amy be  perpetuating a sadly outdated  view of what children would enjoy.  Early exposure to modern digital equipment, games and  media makes the 21st century child  much more  advanced than the children of the 1950s..  "Dick and Jane" literature of the mid 20th century  is insufficient to entertain the same age children now..When I was a child, there was no preschool or even kindergarden here in nashville for most kids.  Now therir education starts much earlier and this  IMO will have a very big effect on this project.  What equivalent age group of the 1950s probably is close to the targe audience in this project, I wonder.