Bank of America Stadium Renovation

kermit

At the knights game tonight - which is brilliant as always. Place is packed out!

Walked over to the outdoor rotunda area facing the panthers stadium and the boards were lit up in full display mode - no banner ads. Pretty incredible; as mentioned above those things put out a massive amount of light. I just hope they don't put ads up during the whole game. Replays would be killer in the full display!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they decide to leave, they're not going to leave the area. They'll just move to a suburban location. The NFL would never approve a move of the Panthers when Jacksonville is terribly supported franchise.

The Panthers are one of the most distributed teams in the league. I believe it reaches the fourth most households in the NFL. While Charlotte may be a somewhat small market, the Panthers' market is virtually all of NC and SC, a combined population of nearly 15 million.

I flew back into town from a weekend Vegas getaway last night and I couldn't believe how bright those damned screens are. They were playing Panthers footage as I was landing and I could actually see it (without binoculars) from the plane. Then driving into town from the airport, it looked like some nuclear meltdown happened around uptown - this giant glow of light lit up the sky, all coming from the two screens, almost overwhelming the lights of the skyscrapers. I have to wonder if this annoys the residents at Catalyst and soon-to-be Element. I mean, damn - it was really, really bright. Just amazing that you can actually make out what is on the screens from an airplane, though.

And for those wondering about the screen configuration, I am sorry to say that last night, the screen was split roughly in thirds - two Miller Lite ads on either side and a roughly 4x3 aspect ratio section of game footage in the middle. It might have been slightly bigger than 1/3 of the screen, but not by much. :( Hopefully it isn't this way all the time. Maybe we'll see some more testing in the coming days with different configurations.

On my way into the city yesterday, the configuration was much better. Maybe 1/5 of the screen on each side showed the CPI security logo, but the 3/5 of the screen in between were all recorded game footage. It looked like 16x9 footage on the screen as I drove in, which looked great! I just hope they keep the ads on the side thin. Those screens are just too incredible to not show live footage on most OS the screen.

I noticed they were testing blue lights on the interior bowl a couple of weeks ago. It had a really cool look from my vantage point. I hope they keep those and add the blue uplighting on the exterior.

agree completely. The blue exterior uplighting was particularly impactful for the area surrounding the stadium. I would love to see it used often. For example, it could be used every night in a week when we have a home game....

interior glow

post-29585-0-58542200-1406049404_thumb.p

This morning I was flying into CLT and we took the approach that flies right by uptown.  Could CLEARLY see the video boards from the plane and could tell that they were showing highlights from last season.  The left and right sides both had CPI security and some other ad's stacked on each other and they took up some space, but there was still ample amount of screen left for everything else.  Very Impressive.

I'm sorry but i think this is pretty lame...

The biggest change in the stadium is visible from outside: The larger LED video boards the team installed. The boards towering over each end zone have gone from 2,400 square feet of screen space to 11,000 square feet. Of that, 5,500 square feet will be used for video replays from the game, while the rest will be used for sponsored ads and displays of in-game information.

I'm sorry but i think this is pretty lame...

The biggest change in the stadium is visible from outside: The larger LED video boards the team installed. The boards towering over each end zone have gone from 2,400 square feet of screen space to 11,000 square feet. Of that, 5,500 square feet will be used for video replays from the game, while the rest will be used for sponsored ads and displays of in-game information.

Did you want a new stadium?

This was the orientation of the new video boards for the entire night at Fan Fest. Frankly I thought the size of the ads were a bit much, more Bud Light and AT&T than there was video of the action on the field. Also really distracting when the ads have motion, like the Bud Light ads did. I would assume that during games some of this space would display in-game information, stats, and scores.

DF30500C-99ED-472C-9AC4-67E48A920B65_zps

Gross.  What a waste of video board space.  Hopefully they'll utilize the entire board for highlight replays.

EDIT:  Nevermind, just Googled the Cowboys giant video boards, looks like they utilize their entire screens for replays.  So I'd imagine the ads come and go.

Archived