Bank of America Stadium Renovation

kermit

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its no better in person... It is kinda sterile.

Definitely looks worse now. What is going on with that under the seats LEDs?

LEDs havent been on in a month or so but they are still up and no more have been added. yet......

Definitely looks worse now. What is going on with that under the seats LEDs?

How is it worse? The whole point behind this change was to make the entrances bigger and get fans through the gates faster. If you go to games at BofA Stadium, one of the biggest complaints is that it takes forever to get into the stadium. Most people won't care about less greenery outside the stadium if it means they get in faster.

How is it worse? The whole point behind this change was to make the entrances bigger and get fans through the gates faster. If you go to games at BofA Stadium, one of the biggest complaints is that it takes forever to get into the stadium. Most people won't care about less greenery outside the stadium if it means they get in faster.

I always just walk around to one of the other two entrance. Never have any problems getting in quickly. Seems to me most people are just unwilling to walk around the less crowded entrances.

I always just walk around to one of the other two entrance. Never have any problems getting in quickly. Seems to me most people are just unwilling to walk around the less crowded entrances.

They sometimes don't let you go to other entrances. I've gone before to a game and they had ushers saying you could only enter in through one gate...

They sometimes don't let you go to other entrances. I've gone before to a game and they had ushers saying you could only enter in through one gate...

Have never seen that happen before. Can't even imagine that would ever be a policy. Probably just a stupid usher. Funneling 72,000 people through a single entrance would take hours.

I agree about your take.  Statements of this is so much worse is strange as frankly on a visual point of view - I'm more in line with others who say they don't even see the difference.

• 1 month later...

Since there's been some discussion of how much teams make, scroll down after the body of this article, all teams listed, team "value", and 2012 profit.  Panthers at ~$30 million last year.  Whats also interesting is that some teams are profitable enough that they really could be paying for their own stadiums, albeit in yearly installments.

Geez. Poor Detroit. Even their NFL team can't make a profit. The only one team in the league that could not.

A lot of teams will lose money one year and then turn a profit the next. A lot of it depends on how signing bonuses and things like that are paid out. Signing bonuses and guaranteed money are typically paid out in one large lump sum, but their salary cap hit is spread over several years. So if the Lions made several big contract deals last year with big bonuses attached to them, this might explain why they were not profitable.

A lot of teams will lose money one year and then turn a profit the next. A lot of it depends on how signing bonuses and things like that are paid out. Signing bonuses and guaranteed money are typically paid out in one large lump sum, but their salary cap hit is spread over several years. So if the Lions made several big contract deals last year with big bonuses attached to them, this might explain why they were not profitable.

Yea but Detroit according to this article has lost money 4 years in a row... Even the Jaguars have made money!

Has anyone seen the new lighting that was being installed actually turned on? I assume the installation is complete since the season has started (and by that I mean that dates the stadium is in use for football games). I started thinking about this the other day. Of all the upgrades they wanted to do, it seems odd to me they would spend money on lighting around the bowl of the stadium which would presumably only be used at night. Night games in Charlotte are few and far between.

I went to the preseason game last week of Panthers versus Bears it was a 8:00 PM game time, ended around 11:00 PM.

I had never been to the stadium before so I'm not sure if the lighting was new or not. I was going to ask the same question about the video screens

I won't get a look at any changes until the first reg. season game. I sold my preseason tix. Even then, I won't get a look at any LED lighting on the outside of the bowl until Oct? (can't remember when that night game is)

Archived