Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did see a permit there is supposed to be a Drury Plaza Hotel out there too. They are not done with this project. I was wondering where you were staying Kevin. I am sure the hotel rates were not real cheap here either!

Thanks for posting the updates.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 10:54 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening. 
🚧 Continue working on demolition. 

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg

IMG_2805.jpeg

I know she had to go for progress.  But, I'm going to miss the ole girl.  She stood her ground and staked her place for decades as an iconic symbol of corporate representation in Nashville.  I almost wish they had just imploded her instead of putting her through this painful demolition. 😥

• Thanks 1

An LLC affiliated with New York-based real estate firm Related Cos. bought a 32-acre site for $76.2 million located across Murfreesboro Pike from Nashville International Airport at 2 Dell Parkway. The site currently holds two warehouses and a parking lot.  The seller was a business entity tied to  LRC Properties., which paid $36.23 million for the property in 2021.

Amazon.com, Averitt Express and Standard Candy Co. are tenants in the 289,000-square-foot building.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/05/09/related-companies-nashville-airport-amazon-site.html

Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 7.38.18 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bnacincy said:

I remember when I was a kid it was the Colemere  Club. It would be nice if somebody could find a way to relocate it somewhere else instead of demolishing it.

I think the biggest obstacle is finding the money, because it would be VERY costly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The former 3 story motel on 2.9 acres at 1210 Murfreesboro Pike is going to be converted into an 119 unit residential complex by Adam Rosenburg.  He paid $2.8 million for the property.  He has converted several other area motels to similar residential complexes in recent years. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 5.28.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 5.33.46 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Just saw a Nashville post article about investors creating Nashville's first Chinatown in Antioch, anchored by an upscale Asian supermarket. Do we think this could be Nashville’s first H mart/has anyone heard any rumors on potential tenants?

I certainly welcome this project, and any project that aims to expand the culinary and cultural offerings in the city, but the investors calling this a "Chinatown" seems a bit grandiose and disingenuous.  I mean I know it's just investors trying to sell their project, so I guess it's fine, but it just feels weird to say 'they're bringing the first Chinatown to the city' as if the concept of a Chinatown is like an Ikea or a Six Flags or something, as opposed to it being a neighborhood that developed organically over time as a result of the concentration of Chinese immigrants moving to the area over the course of multiple generations.  But anyway, as often is the case, I'm probably overthinking this.  Ultimately it doesn't really matter I suppose.  lol

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3