Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 8/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, andywildman said:

They're thinking too small - this area should be a hub, a major draw with significantly more housing and height, and less surface parking.

I agree... I was thinking along the lines of having a Bergdorfs,  Hermes,  Neiman Marcus,  Bloomingdales, Balenciaga, a Fendi store,  etc.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I agree... I was thinking along the lines of having a Bergdorfs,  Hermes,  Neiman Marcus,  Bloomingdales, Balenciaga, a Fendi store,  etc.

Not out there. Those stores need to be in the core or closer to the core not in some suburban shopping center surrounded by parking. We need to be getting rid of those instead of adding them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, andywildman said:

Has Metro or WeGo yet announced public transportation plans in the Century Farms area?

Not that I have heard. Also,  with more and more changes to Century Farms turning it into a car-centric development (I see this more as a Providence Mall in Mt. Juliet than an urban development), idk how much true transit will run through it. 

That being said, the closest route is the 55, which could possibly loop from Global Mall. The 84 or 86 could have a stop, but those are limited access express lines that I don't think get off the highways at all till further south.

image.png.fd47486ee15d211ea9ab9354a9a95de7.png

Preferably I would rather see a 551 route developed to serve from the Global Mall Transit Hub and just move people around the area. This would hit multiple businesses, residential communities, etc. I don't think trying to single-seat transit through Century Farms would be an effective use of WeGo's efforts, but with the plans for the Global Mall Transit Hub, that can be a solid transfer point to jump this more local route.

image.thumb.png.5408d7882e0a48c73b26dad7c6410267.png

The dotted routes are alternative paths that could be possible. Century Farms doesn't feel very walkable, so maybe the 551 would go up Cane Ridge Parkway rather than Old Franklin Road to better connect the job centers and residential. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Airpark Commerce Pointe, a 73-acre airport-area industrial development has broken ground with Myrcon General Contractors and Hamilton Creek Partners working together. . Once complete, the development will offer four multi-tenanted buildings with nearly 523,000 square feet of industrial space. The first phase includes two warehouses located at 801 and 900 Airpark Commerce Drive. Hamilton Creek Partners is leading development of the project which marks the first ground-up industrial project out of Mycon’s Nashville office. The first phase of the industrial development is set to be complete by late 2024.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/10/20/deal-dash-east-nashville-sells-for-102-million.html

Hotel Preston (11 stories), at 733 Briley Parkway off of I-40, has sold  for $26.5 million and will be converted and updated into a Marriott Delta Hotel. Imagine Hospitality is the developer, and plans $7 million in upgrades. It will stay open during the upgrades as Hotel Preston by Marriott, and then in early 2025, when all revisions are complete, it will become a Delta Hotel.  Origination Design is architect;  Carver Associates will hand interior design work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/airport-area-hotel-sells-for-26-5m/article_a160cbce-6f68-11ee-8074-cb47b5a47be0.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 3.06.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 3.06.52 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:12 AM, markhollin said:

Is there a Bergdorfs or Hermes in this development? If not, then I'll probably never go.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

Is there a Bergdorfs or Hermes in this development? If not, then I'll probably never go.

Neither of those stores, but there’s a very nice Tiffani’s! Tiffani was the “most appreciated” professional dancers at one of those gentlemen’s clubs. Her dream was to open a store where she’d sell naval piercing jewelry packaged in tasteful little blue boxes. I’m SURE you’d find shopping there to be up to your exceptional standards! And a classy lady can never have too many nice naval jewels. (Tiffani’s only takes cash, and all change is given in one dollar bills, just so you know to come prepared.) :shades:

• Haha 2