Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

http://eastivymansion.com/councilman-withers-proposes-bill-close-historic-home-events-venues-forcing-events-indoors/

My Best Friend is getting Married here this fall and I am in the wedding.  This is pathetic if you ask me.  If this affects weddings that are already planned and/or the future its a damn shame and going to be a lot of very upset folks. Nashville is such a wedding destination and this is one of the many beautiful venues to get married.  Great first move councilman. What a friggin farce.

4 minutes ago, abick16 said:

http://eastivymansion.com/councilman-withers-proposes-bill-close-historic-home-events-venues-forcing-events-indoors/

My Best Friend is getting Married here this fall and I am in the wedding.  This is pathetic if you ask me.  If this affects weddings that are already planned and/or the future its a damn shame and going to be a lot of very upset folks. Nashville is such a wedding destination and this is one of the many beautiful venues to get married.  Great first move councilman. What a friggin farce.

Agreed. Mr. Withers, I am not sure who you feel you are serving with this decision. Everyone seems to be firmly against your decision myself included. 

Separately, I was very happy to read this: 

image.png

Brett is, or at least was at one time, a member here on this forum, and a well-respected one at that.  I'm not sure if he still has the time to post here on a regular basis if at all, but if he does, I think he deserves the opportunity to explain his proposal for himself if he so chooses. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Brett is, or at least was at one time, a member here on this forum, and a well-respected one at that.  I'm not sure if he still has the time to post here on a regular basis if at all, but if he does, I think he deserves the opportunity to explain his proposal for himself if he so chooses. 

You're right, I Was too hasty with my rush to judgment, apologies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatherLand said:

You're right, I Was too hasty with my rush to judgment, apologies

No need for apologies my friend, I wasn't trying to be critical.  His proposal leaves me a bit perplexed as well.  I am just hopeful that he explains the reasoning behind his decision to us!

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, not a big follower of lists, but when one makes it to the top of one of those national lists, it at least says a place is definitely on everyone's radar. 

So Eastwood Friends ranks #2 Best Neighborhood, by Redfin, a real estate concern.  From the Tennessean... http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/livinnash/2016/01/29/redfin-names-eastwood-second-hottest-neighborhood-us/79522622/

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Hmmmmm, not a big follower of lists, but when one makes it to the top of one of those national lists, it at least says a place is definitely on everyone's radar. 

So Eastwood Friends ranks #2 Best Neighborhood, by Redfin, a real estate concern.  From the Tennessean... http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/livinnash/2016/01/29/redfin-names-eastwood-second-hottest-neighborhood-us/79522622/

Like I said on Facebook, I'm sure my being president of Eastwood Neighbors is only one of the reasons we made the list.  ;)

• Like 3

As I wrote on my Facebook page, there is an issue with noise and traffic. Since these venues are popping up like spring weeds, many neighborhoods are experiencing noise, traffic, and frankly drunken and chaotic behavior from some of these events lasting to the  early hours in the morning. So my understanding is this is to set ordinances where the celebrations must be held indoors.

There is such a development two blocks from me and some of the celebrations get loud and can be heard for several blocks. This venue also has valet parking and many times the parking services park in front of peoples homes taking away their street space.

So there are issues with these venues.

Edited by Paramount747

28 minutes ago, Paramount747 said:

As I wrote on my Facebook page, there is an issue with noise and traffic. Since these venues are popping up like spring weeds, many neighborhoods are experiencing noise, traffic, and frankly drunken and chaotic behavior from some of these events lasting to the  early hours in the morning. So my understanding is this is to set ordinances where the celebrations must be held indoors.

There is such a development two blocks from me and some of the celebrations get loud and can be heard for several blocks. This venue also has valet parking and many times the parking services park in front of peoples homes taking away their street space.

I actually have reason to believe that the venue you mention ("East Ivy"?) is one of the primary targets of said bill...

1 hour ago, Paramount747 said:

Then complain and file formal complaints.  It is my understanding that Riverwood Mansion has no complaints against them, I can't speak for the other venues.  Why go from 'zero' to 'you can't have events anymore' in no time?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...