Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, Archibum said:

Does anyone know the status of the development on this triangle lot? There is some site work going on. Moving around a lot of dirt and looks like they've added a curb cut and gravel drive.

That's Donelson Station.  I posted about it on Sunday at 2:40  AM (about 14 posts above this one).

23 hours ago, Flatrock said:

My friend who lives on McClurkan kitty-cornered to the proposed mansion re-lo is super excited about the proposal. Hope it happens....

Between this and the Merritt Mansion moving in Wedgewood Houston, it’ll be a big couple years for the “old house relocation” industry in Nashville.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Archibum said:

Does anyone know the status of the development on this triangle lot? There is some site work going on. Moving around a lot of dirt and looks like they've added a curb cut and gravel drive

image.thumb.png.ed3eb3e6c0e1c94be4d7d93e26dedd20.png

The way we have laid out subdivisions in this country is so frustrating. There are all those homes located a hundred yards from the train station that have to walk 3/4 of a mile to get to it (or to any of the amenities that are going up there that would otherwise be an easy 5 minute walk away). And this is hardly the most egregious example of disconnected developments in the Nashville area. A 5' right-of-way at the end of Overhill Cir between the two properties for a small, paved path with a pedestrian bridge over the tracks (or even an at-grade crossing considering the lack of frequency and low train speed) would extremely easy, and entirely too controversial to ever happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, andywildman said:

Between this and the Merritt Mansion moving in Wedgewood Houston, it’ll be a big couple years for the “old house relocation” industry in Nashville.

Or you could be like the house on Eastland and they couldn't give it away and they tore it down.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1826865,-86.736043,3a,75y,171.17h,85.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSRw5HVWUxXeS_cJ1XFF7Mw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Sad 2

Yesterday I mentioned Rebar at the Dam in an exchange on another thread. Today a post pops up on my neighborhood FB page with info that Rebar at the Dam is going to reopen. Comments below the post from neighbors indicate that it’s the same owners reopening, as the sale of the business fell through. Makes no difference to me as I’ve never been in there (non drinker here).

AD819702-EBDF-4D93-979E-089129D60ED2.jpeg

• Like 1

I was at Opry Mills this afternoon and can report that Cheesecake Factory is conducting a hiring event in an empty storefront near Macaroni Grill. Also noticed that there are now signs indicating that the space formerly home to Claim Jumper steakhouse will be converted to Saltgrass Steakhouse (also from the Landry Restaurant Group). A Molly’s Cupcakes location appears near completion across from Johnny Rocket’s, and the Olive Garden that is located on an out parcel looks to be about 75% complete on the exterior.

On the retail side, I noticed a a few “coming soon” signs, but the only one I recall was Movado Watches.

• Like 2