Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

From reading that, it seems the new owners may be trying to get it up to 5-Star standards.  Does that sound correct to you guys?  Would be nice to have another 5* in town.

That would really be something.  There are hardly any cities in the world with one five star hotel, much less two or more (and I mean a real five star hotel, not those self-appointed five, six, and seven star hotels...I'm looking at you Dubai.)

I really like that Crescent Music Row rendering.  It's nothing fancy, but it's solid, it's attractive, it's built up to the street, and has ground level retail.  It's more or less all one could ask for from a mid-sized urban residential building.  Can Crescent do a seminar for the local developers to teach them how urban development is supposed to be done?  I'm tired of all these weird, awkward hunchback of Notre Dame hybrid suburban/urban developments that try to be both but in the process, don't actually fit in in any environment.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

I really like that Crescent Music Row rendering.  It's nothing fancy, but it's solid, it's attractive, it's built up to the street, and has ground level retail.  It's more or less all one could ask for from a mid-sized urban residential building.  

And it looks good at night!      I agree with you and the previous positive comments about the Crescent rendering.      It seems to have a number of common elements with Vista Germantown, with possibly more retail.   There are also several residential infill projects under construction directly behind the Crescent site on Sigler St. (one of several neighborhood streets over there amputated from the grid in some misguided urban renewal effort).    

And as for the Crescent night rendering, I'm actually serious that it will do a lot for that stretch of Division after dark.   Will make walking at night from, say, Yazoo to Dan McGuinness, less of an adventure.     

And according to the Tennessean, they are ready to start anytime now, perhaps even Monday....

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/12/12/work-start-unit-apartments-th-charlotte/20327123/

Renderings?  

Rule Joy Trammel and Rubio is the arch firm.  http://www.rjtplusr.com/html%20website/lresidential.html

Edited by MLBrumby

There used to be a lumber yard across from One City years ago called AJ Smith Company. Across from that was Blevins Popcorn and Concession Supply Company. I worked there one summer in high school. JJ's Market was across the street. I bought my sodas and chips over there. Now there is a Storage place. Maybe that is to come down for apartments.

Funny thing is, there used to be an on ramp for I-40 West right there before I-440 was built. Man that was 35 years ago!  I was 16. Wow things have changed.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 1