Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

A sign on the door at Colt's Chocolates in The Gulch says, "Closed for moving.  Look for us soon in Green Hills Mall."  Has anyone heard about this?  Do you have an idea where they might go in the mall?

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3667331?page=555&searchText=2126 Abbott Martin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=dateIssued ASC

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 3:31 PM, markhollin said:

Regarding the vines on silos, my guess is the plan will be to try and grow those. 

There was an old question about whether the ivy would be painted on. As Mark had mentioned and as you can see in his photo above, they're already growing it, whether intentionally or not. I'm guessing it wasn't initially intentional .. my house nearby is pretty new and I've already got ivy growing all over my fence, trash cans, and garage. Compared to the little bit on the front of the silos, the back side is a lot more impressive. I'll try to grab a photo of this when I'm over that way again. It looks pretty cool in a post-apocalyptic sort of way.

• Like 3

Lipscomb Academy is starting a $6.5 million expansion of their Lower School (2 year-olds to 4th graders) at 4517 Granny White Pike. It will include 22,000 sq. ft. of new space and 1,500 sq. ft. of renovation. 3 homes facing Harding Lane will be torn down as part of the project.  Should be complete by fall of 2020.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21073345/lipscomb-academy-eyes-2020-finish-for-upgrades

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, render 2 .png

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, render 1  .png

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, site map .png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Alright, I swung by Project 615 and snapped a shot of the backside of the silos. They are indeed covered in vines, but they're not looking terribly green right now. Hopefully they're just dormant?

IMG_3366.thumb.jpg.a710886841bec9348680945337e5be1b.jpg

Welcome to the forum!     About the vines, I think more likely they were sprayed with roundup and will be scraped off.      After all, this is peak "vine season" here in Middle TN.  

On 6/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Alright, I swung by Project 615 and snapped a shot of the backside of the silos. They are indeed covered in vines, but they're not looking terribly green right now. Hopefully they're just dormant?

IMG_3366.thumb.jpg.a710886841bec9348680945337e5be1b.jpg

Welcome to the forum!     About the vines, I think more likely they were sprayed with roundup and will be scraped off.      After all, this is peak "vine season" here in Middle TN.  

56 minutes ago, dxfret said:

Odd that the building permit was just pulled as they have been construction workers on site for the Trader Joe’s White Bridge for the past 2-3 weeks. 

In looking, they began pulling sub contractor permits for the space in mid April. Likely for demolition and new wall layout. You can do a lot of work pre actual permit.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Thanks 1

The Manning (7 & 4 stories, 36 units) at 120 Woodmont Blvd. has secured a $55.7 million construction loan from Simmons Bank out of Little Rock, AR. A completion date of late 2020 is still set. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21074094/ballpark-building-lands-bowl-business

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, markhollin said:

Lipscomb Academy is starting a $6.5 million expansion of their Lower School (2 year-olds to 4th graders) at 4517 Granny White Pike. It will include 22,000 sq. ft. of new space and 1,500 sq. ft. of renovation. 3 homes facing Harding Lane will be torn down as part of the project.  Should be complete by fall of 2020.

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, site map .png

The 3 homes in the lower right facing Harding Pl were torn down 3 or 4 weeks ago and all the trees cut down.      Grading is well underway.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, CenterHill said:

Thanks for the welcome! Agreed that they look dead. I posted that photo in reference to the render that @markhollin had posted (on page 56, reproduced below), since the render seemed to really double down on the whole ivy-covered silos aesthetic and I recalled there being quite a bit of it to begin with, which at least a year ago looked pretty alive. But it looks like only the ivy on the front corner is alive, whether intentionally or not (the back ivy may have already been dead, or they might have hit the roots during construction), and I suppose if they want that post-apocalyptic reclaimed-by-nature feel, they can always grow/paint more later. Another mural could be cool, too ... as long as it doesn't say "Nashville" or "Nations" on it - we have enough of that already.

Stocking51_markhollin.jpg.32b05718b7879e34b5cad7960364a2a7.jpg

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 4

Went by the Malls new expansion area on Sunday. Very nice with lots of new seating areas (with power for charging). Not a lot open in the new area but if all the signage is correct it will be fairly full by the holidays.

One downside, it was 90+ outside and very warm inside with all the skylights and sun pouring in. That was an issue in the older part (on hot days) that I'd hope they'd have fixed.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Went by the Malls new expansion area on Sunday. Very nice with lots of new seating areas (with power for charging). Not a lot open in the new area but if all the signage is correct it will be fairly full by the holidays.

One downside, it was 90+ outside and very warm inside with all the skylights and sun pouring in. That was an issue in the older part (on hot days) that I'd hope they'd have fixed.

My wife and I walked through there Friday evening and I got the same impression you did.  Instead of sunshine and heat, we spent 20 minutes in a back tunnel during the tornado warning.

Looking at the new eating choices, I think Chopt will do very well in this mall.  For years, there has been no quick place to grab a decent bite to eat.

• Like 1

I used to work with the mall under previous ownership(s) and they were loath to have any food options. They never wanted a food court or anything beyond unique offerings (like Nashville's first Cheesecake Factory). Now they need to fill the spaces. I agree that Chopt should do well. 

• Like 1