Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

As a for profit health care (hospital) company, they would be hammered on social media for having opulent headquarters at the expense of sick people. I'm fairly certain that would have to be a consideration in keeping a relatively low profile.

I get it! I was the first on these boards to make that point, as that's my industry specialty.  Thing is those buildings are NOT cheap. The lobbies are covered in marble and executive suites are very opulently appointed with lots of mahogany as I recall. The data center was a fairly recently constructed building, and was actually quite a show place at the time. They didn't spare any expense on that one. I did some legal work there with my first firm and visited frequently for months around the Columbia-HCA acquisition. I found it very inconvenient to have to travel across multiple buildings accessed via shuttle bus. 

The project going where the Metro Salt barns were I think may be 4 or 5. Dont expect any height on this corridor. Its just not going to happen under the current community leadership. They now have an overlay in place or about to be in place to keep anything going over either 5 or 6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

The sidewalk gap is the last remaining gap on the western edge of 51st (excepting the pull-in parking for the bank and Modman Guitars that probably aren't going away any time soon). They will also presumably finally paint a crosswalk across 51st at Kentucky (which already has the 4-way stops but presumably no explicit crosswalk because of the sidewalk deficiency).

This is actually the building on the other side of  Kentucky from the garage with no sidewalks, I haven't heard about anything happening there, unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Fortunately, it's still an upgrade from the thin sidewalk that's currently in place, with a streetlight post smack in the middle of it. It's so weird to me seeing the yellow tactile paving for the benefit of the visually impaired, leading to a sidewalk one human wide with a telephone pole waiting in the middle.

I either ran into or nearly ran into that pole more times than I care to admit. Enough that I ended up just running in the bike lanes rather than the disjointed sidewalks along 51st.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If you look at the picture they have the ADA compliant ramp on the corner, but the pole is right in the middle that someone in a standard wheelchair could not get by. Metro does not work with NES on these things. The council person says I want sidewalks and they just do not spend the money or do the studies to do it the correct way.

Yes, I love to criticize Metro because they make so many bone headed moves it begins to become a running joke spinning around in my head.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advanced issues found

51 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yes, I love to criticize Metro because they make so many bone headed moves it begins to become a running joke spinning around in my head.

Ditto. Metro's bizarre decision-making process (or lack of one) opens it up to frequent criticism.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't improve the existing pole-having sidewalk with that Cannonball's project. I don't think there's any additional building being constructed so I don't think the sidewalk requirement gets triggered, though not sure about that. 

I should have gone out and heckled them when they had the "Complete Street" ribbon cutting photo op for the bike lane a few years ago.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, AsianintheNations said:

Halal Guys has packed up and is moving to Sylvan Park

Last I heard SP was going to be a second location, not a relo. Has this changed recently?

>Never mind, looks like the BC location is closed. Sure hope they reopen somewhere else in town.

Edited by Rockatansky
Update.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, GregH said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't improve the existing pole-having sidewalk with that Cannonball's project. I don't think there's any additional building being constructed so I don't think the sidewalk requirement gets triggered, though not sure about that. 

I should have gone out and heckled them when they had the "Complete Street" ribbon cutting photo op for the bike lane a few years ago.

About the only people on the council that probably know what a complete street is, Freddie and Brett.

7 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

Last I heard SP was going to be a second location, not a relo. Has this changed recently?

>Never mind, looks like the BC location is closed. Sure hope they reopen somewhere else in town.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be a second location, but as soon as the "opening soon" signs went up in SP, the Bellevue location seemed to evaporate - no "closing" signs, and absolutely no furniture or anything left in the store. I figured the simplest explanation was that they were actually transplanting everything (not sure if this is true or not).

On 7/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, markhollin said:

Plans for a 94-unit townhome, 170 unit hotel, and 18,000 sq. ft. retail space at Old Hickory Blvd. and Sonya Drive (on the SE corner of I-40/OHB exit)  development in Bellevue advanced this week after they were approved on second reading by Metro Council. The first phase of construction will be the residential portion, and could begin in August. 

More info here:

https://bellevuehomepage.com/large-scale-hotel-and-townhome-development-moves-forward/

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 6.28.26 AM.png

Does anyone know much about this project or the developers AM Investors No. 2, LLC, Norwood Manor, LLC, Southfield Properties Limited Partnership, of Brentwood. Thank you

Not much other than what was reported by the Post and presented to Planning. On the same theme, there is another Crescent project planned where the Sams was in Bellevue along with a hotel close to the entrance, and another hotel just south of the Sonja drive project on the same side of the road.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CLT 88 said:

Can some one post a link to smeagolsfree map?

At the top of your UP page is a tab entitled "Development Maps."  Click on "Nashville" and wonder at the massive scope of this human accomplishment.  Now you know why it must always be referred to as "Smeagolsfree's Excellent Development Map."