Uptown Village

GRDadof3

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

If you look at the photo from the article. (I still have not figured out how to upload photos) You will note that they had me standing on the edge of the second floor of the Guy's building across the street in the wind and rain with an umbrella. I should note that I am deathly afraid of heights...what I don't do for Lighthouse!?! :blink:

BTW-Thanks for the AWESOME quotes Rachel!!!

It is great to have affordable housing in grand rapids but is there really a lack of it in Grand Rapids? I say this because it seems most housing projects now within the city limits is including affordable housing. Another project is the steelcase thats doing the same. Im all for affordable housing but shouldnt the city be attracting more than just the affordable housing sector area like middle income and or higher?

There seems to be upper level and affordable with not much in between. I definitly don't see the affordable housing going up as being a bad thing though. My former boss was telling me about regulations (I think in Miami) that actually REQUIRE a developer to build a percentage of affordable housing units in comparison to their main project... I think it was like 1:10 or something like that.

It is great to have affordable housing in grand rapids but is there really a lack of it in Grand Rapids? I say this because it seems most housing projects now within the city limits is including affordable housing. Another project is the steelcase thats doing the same. Im all for affordable housing but shouldnt the city be attracting more than just the affordable housing sector area like middle income and or higher?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived