Uptown Village

GRDadof3

Lots of bad news on this front. The last time anyone was able to speak with the owner (which was several years ago) they wanted $1,000,000 for it. To make matters worse, we have now found out that the owner is in jail, so there will be no negotiations on it for now. The trash issue is huge with this place. I wish the City would crack down on that.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's crazy. I remember when it opened it was going to be a family-run grocery store providing a positive influence on the neighborhood. If I'm not mistaken I thought they were going to use Bazzani to fix the place up. What went wrong?!

I'm not saying a grocery store isn't a good use for the space. But this is a crappy grocery store that I'd never shop at. ;)

Joe

Lots of bad news on this front. The last time anyone was able to speak with the owner (which was several years ago) they wanted $1,000,000 for it. To make matters worse, we have now found out that the owner is in jail, so there will be no negotiations on it for now. The trash issue is huge with this place. I wish the City would crack down on that.

Wow, that's crazy. I remember when it opened it was going to be a family-run grocery store providing a positive influence on the neighborhood. If I'm not mistaken I thought they were going to use Bazzani to fix the place up. What went wrong?!

I'm not saying a grocery store isn't a good use for the space. But this is a crappy grocery store that I'd never shop at. ;)

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update...

We have been waiting on the stone lintels before we could go full bore on the finish brick. They will arrive Monday so before too much longer, we will no longer have to look at Tyvek. Carpet is going in on the town homes. We will most likely begin leasing these in Mid-May.

There will be a very big surprise happen at the site in the next week or two, one that will make everyone in the neighborhood jump for joy...at least it made me jump when I heard it.

Don't bother asking or even PMing cause I am not telling...my lips are sealed.

Quick Update...

We have been waiting on the stone lintels before we could go full bore on the finish brick. They will arrive Monday so before too much longer, we will no longer have to look at Tyvek. Carpet is going in on the town homes. We will most likely begin leasing these in Mid-May.

There will be a very big surprise happen at the site in the next week or two, one that will make everyone in the neighborhood jump for joy...at least it made me jump when I heard it.

Quick Update...

Dave, i saw this development today and found this forum. You mentioned this housing is intended for working families. Will it be opposed to working college students? Im currently in the process of finding a place for the upcomming year.

Archived