Uptown Village

GRDadof3

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you like this angle?

I can see my house from there! (not really)

I've gotta say, whoever's hauling away that debris, they sure are hard workers. They worked all day yesterday (Sunday). I'm pretty sure it was one guy who would drive the semi up there, get in the front end loader, fill the trailer, then get in the semi and take away the debris.

• 4 weeks later...

I can see my house from there! (not really)

I've gotta say, whoever's hauling away that debris, they sure are hard workers. They worked all day yesterday (Sunday). I'm pretty sure it was one guy who would drive the semi up there, get in the front end loader, fill the trailer, then get in the semi and take away the debris.

Drove by the area on saturday. It looks 100x better even with everything leveled. When is construction starting?

Uptown Village site today:

Yeah, it's starting to get some movement. I'm pretty excited to see how this whole area (wealthy/baxter area) looks in the next 1-5 years. Looking throught the property records of the area shows there area lot of people/groups that are known for thier "neighborhood" rehab efforts in control of a lot of properties.

Does anyone (dave/rachel/nate) know if there are any plans for the "Grocery Store/Mart" on the corner of Wealthy and Diamond? I've never been inside, but the exterior could use a "face lift".

Yeah, it's starting to get some movement. I'm pretty excited to see how this whole area (wealthy/baxter area) looks in the next 1-5 years. Looking throught the property records of the area shows there area lot of people/groups that are known for thier "neighborhood" rehab efforts in control of a lot of properties.

Does anyone (dave/rachel/nate) know if there are any plans for the "Grocery Store/Mart" on the corner of Wealthy and Diamond? I've never been inside, but the exterior could use a "face lift".

First of all, what the heck you doing posting at 4 AM...either just getting in from a late night out, or could not sleep?

The owners of the Wealthy Market have said for awhile that they would like to sell. However, saying one wants to sell and setting an asking proce that shows one wants to sell is two different things. I do not remember the price, but I remember it had 7 figures in it.

Sadly at this point I do not think much wlll happen with it.

What a great place for a Whole Foods or Trader Joes? (Oh no!...let's not get that string started again)

First of all, what the heck you doing posting at 4 AM...either just getting in from a late night out, or could not sleep?

It was 5:15 am.. and I was just getting ready to go to bed from working the night before bartending. The joys of working at the bar :P .

Ny daughter tends bar at the Birch Lodge. She keeps about the same hours. $ is good, but the lack of sleep sucks.

Which is why I was in bed again at 8 last night. Which I guess was nice, because I was up at 4:30am this morning and here at work by 6. Just means I get out early to go do other stuff I need to get done today. I feel her pain, but yes the money is rediculous, which is why I haven't given it up even though I work here 45+ hours a week on top of the bar.

Dave - what color brick are you going with?

I honestly do not remember. I picked out the choices so long ago. I believe they were a historic reddish/brown color. We have just submitted another application in to the State for additional credits. TheState cut us about $1,000,000 in tax credits. Consequently we have value engineered for siding on the town homes yet building for brick...meaning the foundation will have a brick ledge. Should we get our additional credits, the town homes will be almost all brick. The 3 story building along wealthy has to meet historic standards so it is almost all brick.

I honestly do not remember. I picked out the choices so long ago. I believe they were a historic reddish/brown color. We have just submitted another application in to the State for additional credits. TheState cut us about $1,000,000 in tax credits. Consequently we have value engineered for siding on the town homes yet building for brick...meaning the foundation will have a brick ledge. Should we get our additional credits, the town homes will be almost all brick. The 3 story building along wealthy has to meet historic standards so it is almost all brick.

Then lets hope you get those credits for the townhomes. :)

We have just submitted another application in to the State for additional credits. TheState cut us about $1,000,000 in tax credits. Consequently we have value engineered for siding on the town homes

Wow.. that sucks. How long until you find out whether you were awarded those credits?

I'm a moron and didn't take pictures even though my camera was on my lap.. sorry...

Got ya covered broham:

uptown.jpg

My nieghborhood seems to think the patch of grass between the street and the sidewalk is their personal trash can :angry:

Wow.. that sucks. How long until you find out whether you were awarded those credits?

My nieghborhood seems to think the patch of grass between the street and the sidewalk is their personal trash can :angry:

It is real nebulous in regard to how long it will take for us to find out about the addtional credits. There will be a lotteryin the next couple of weeks we will know then were we stand. Official lword could be as late as December. It is OK, though because we can reapply in January and if we missed the Sept. round have a MUCH better chance in Jan. Brick would not have gone on until early spring anyway.

I would love it if the State would put a 1 cent deposit on those stupid plastic jugs of juice...they are everywhere.

It is real nebulous in regard to how long it will take for us to find out about the addtional credits. There will be a lotteryin the next couple of weeks we will know then were we stand. Official lword could be as late as December. It is OK, though because we can reapply in January and if we missed the Sept. round have a MUCH better chance in Jan. Brick would not have gone on until early spring anyway.

And the method for public input on this is....??

Archived