SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

5 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Any idea if they are incorporating ground floor retail?

Not as much as I would like... up to 1500 sqft of retail space.

185 ft
15 fl
Up to 1,500 sq ft retail
365 units
Will be located at 6310 Fairview Rd. replacing the Fifth Third Bank across from the Mall.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, sclark said:

Goodbye styrofoam Phillips Place pillar. 

IMG_2186.jpeg

It's actually just covered in  styrofoam, underneath is concrete drainage pipe, I had a picture  from  way back in the day but sadly have no idea where it is.

4 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

image.png.fcb25939d5b774bfe365077a5242086c.png

Hopefully  we  don't sacrifice all those mature trees for a dinky fountain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, JacksonH said:

A tunnel would be tremendously expensive.  Maybe a monorail, which is being done in Seattle, but NIMBYs would hate that, too.  It seems like traffic in SP already is unbearable, and will only grt worse, so I don't see how they can do nothing.

I'm no expert by no stretch, but how about instead cut a wedge out down the middle of the street...( I hope you're able to visualize what I describing). Kind of like what was done by UNCC.  Would that be cheaper than tunneling? Eh, that probably wouldn't work either. Idk, it's kind of frustrating how disconnected SP will be in the near future with it being still so close to a major mass transit line.

A monorail would be cool, even if just an updated (faster) version of the one that used to be at Carowinds.

16 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

It is not that lot. Its the lot next to the Cammie Harris Co. .

I’m elated that the  the Cameron Harris building has been demolished.  It was terrible.  

Hopefully, BK and the gas stations on Fairview and Sharon will be the next locations to be redeveloped.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m elated that the  the Cameron Harris building has been demolished.  It was terrible.  

Hopefully, BK and the gas stations on Fairview and Sharon will be the next locations to be redeveloped.

Problem with the BK lot, and a few of the other lots in this area is the Duke transmission lines running through the area.   That lot in particular has a massive Duke easement running right through it.  It will be challenging for a dense building to fit on that lot.  The gas stations on the other hand . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

Problem with the BK lot, and a few of the other lots in this area is the Duke transmission lines running through the area.   That lot in particular has a massive Duke easement running right through it.  It will be challenging for a dense building to fit on that lot.  The gas stations on the other hand . . .

The gas stations will require a lot money sunk into environmental clean up, removing the tanks, et.... likely a big reasons the former Citgo at Park / Woodlawn is still sitting there with no movement. 

20 minutes ago, eastsider said:

The gas station is on a very small lot, bk is as well, what could fit there that is "worthy" of being in Southpark?

More Belk parking. Circle K would probably get gobbled up by Simon if put for sale.

Could also be a drive thru dry cleaner, small cafe to watch the congestion crawl by, a coffee shop, et...

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Wow that is a sharp looking Publix and the Lifetime Fitness looks like a Crate and Barrel. More renderings released on the Colony redevelopment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/01/31/renderings-take-a-look-at-phase-one-of-the-colony.html

This is one of the most anticipated projects in the Charlotte area for me personally. It’s almost like they’re building another mall with that amount of retail. I’d hope the reimagined Ballantyne turns out similarly.