SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

53 minutes ago, queencityclt said:

Canopy SouthPark. I hear they will open mid June. 

"Canopy by Hilton Charlotte SouthPark, designed by Wilson Associates, is slated to open in spring 2020 in the North Carolina city's SouthPark neighborhood.

For the 150-room hotel, Wilson Associates’ New York studio drew design inspiration from a Southern home with English origins.

The lobby will have layered textures and a white-washed color palette for a fresh, clean and casual atmosphere, similar to traditional Southern residences."

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/development/canopy-by-hilton-charlotte-southpark-eyes-2020-opening

Also - this seems to be the hotels restaurant. https://www.charlotteagenda.com/196917/fine-fettle-restaurant-to-open-in-the-new-canopy-by-hilton-southpark-in-april/

image.thumb.png.e2dfd19069a330909855629b22906d6f.png

image.thumb.png.55c65b4c18b67c2f09b072a758961d99.png

image.thumb.png.6720e0631aae9b8a0867c5a1d31883af.png

image.thumb.png.b0036bca211a59714a0a4b284db8a8b7.png

image.thumb.png.55d802935ecca1a86fb37c99d02c11fb.png

image.thumb.png.f751f51406237b466d2a3ed9fc4466e5.png

image.png

Holy crap did we just get a press release on Urban Planet? If so who can I tag on Twitter for reposting these pix?

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.   The whole intersection of Sharon and Fairview is a mess.   The gas stations and the BK belonged in that area in 1980.  They don't belong there in 2020.  Those businesses should be replaced with brick and limestone buildings with very high-end condos and very high-end office space.

Yes please, though for many (me) those are the closest gas stations by a longshot. I would like to see more high quality gas/convenience in South Charlotte like the one on Carmel to offset this loss.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree.   The whole intersection of Sharon and Fairview is a mess.   The gas stations and the BK belonged in that area in 1980.  They don't belong there in 2020.  Those businesses should be replaced with brick and limestone buildings with very high-end condos and very high-end office space.

That BK is owned by BK Corporate and isn't a franchise so likely not going anywhere. It also stays busy for  the 6mo of  the year they're not renovating it.... Honestly I'd love to know the total amount of $$ sunk into that location on renovations.

• Haha 1

There should be a Charlotte Development Wall of Shame somewhere with play-dough busts of all the developers that talk a big game but get nothing done (or build pies of crap)

I nominate Dee Dee and Daniel for the first class.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Obviously there’s not a Saks still planned at this location?

Good God no.  Even back then the entire plan was wing-and-a-prayer at best.  I remember vague water color renderings and not much else.  It seemed like DeeDee was trying to hype this thing into existence, putting out statements in the O and Biz Journal.  There were some loose connections/convos with Saks and Ritz, but I never got the feeling it was anything other than a maybe.  I mean,  the Ritz did let her use their logo and signage on the temporary fence so who knows?  It may have been letters-of-intent type agreements but when this whole thing just sat and sputtered I think they just said to hell with this nonsense and walked.  This was all discussed on this board at length back when this was all happening.   Everyone took this with a full shaker of salt. 

Edited by turbocraig
  • Like 1

here is the proposal as of now straight from their website

Quail Hollow Village, Charlotte

A village unlike any other.

villageCircle.png
With its Mizner-style architure and its dazzling gardens and fountains, you may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village; however, this is the home of The Residences at Quail Hollow, Charlotte. Located at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road, the Village will also feature a world-class wellness center, a salon and spa, a banking center, a complete pharmacy, Garden Secrets/Deesign Unlimited, Noble's Five-star dining and friendly cafes.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

Whaddya know!  The watercolor... that should be on the wall of a mediocre Italian restaurant.  

“You may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village... then again, maybe you won’t.  Let’s find out together!  At Quail Hollow Village.”

Now don't be negative I have heard they have landed an Olive Garden  you know from Italy and a great seafood place Aragosta Rossa.  Buon Cibo! 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

here is the proposal as of now straight from their website

Quail Hollow Village, Charlotte

A village unlike any other.

villageCircle.png
With its Mizner-style architure and its dazzling gardens and fountains, you may think you are in a quaint Mediterranean village; however, this is the home of The Residences at Quail Hollow, Charlotte. Located at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road, the Village will also feature a world-class wellness center, a salon and spa, a banking center, a complete pharmacy, Garden Secrets/Deesign Unlimited, Noble's Five-star dining and friendly cafes.

Wasn't that the architecture shown in their original proposal before the 2008 crash?  I'd like to see architecture like that.   It's simply crazy that this very prime property remains undeveloped.  I think that very high-end condos, a very fancy hotel, and boutique stores/upscale restaurants could do well there.  Is anyone familiar with the Umpstead Hotel in Cary?  It's absolutely gorgeous.  Something like that in this location would be really nice.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wasn't that the architecture shown in their original proposal before the 2008 crash?  I'd like to see architecture like that.   It's simply crazy that this very prime property remains undeveloped.  I think that very high-end condos, a very fancy hotel, and boutique stores/upscale restaurants could do well there.  Is anyone familiar with the Umpstead Hotel in Cary?  It's absolutely gorgeous.  Something like that in this location would be really nice.

The Umstead was fully funded by the founder of SAS's wife, and is located on their property. It is only successful because it's a pet project for the richest family in NC. That being said, it is super successful. But its location leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

The Umstead was fully funded by the founder of SAS's wife, and is located on their property. It is only successful because it's a pet project for the richest family in NC. That being said, it is super successful. But its location leaves a lot to be desired. 

I know.   I love that place though.  One of my favorite hotels is the Four Seasons on 57th Street in NY, and The Umstead reminds me of a lowrise version of that.  

• Like 2